Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible to sell flights?

• 22-11-2009 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

My parents have booked flights to Florida for Xmas. However they will now not be able to make the trip. So is it possible to sell these flights? Or transfer the flights to a later date?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its very much down to the terms and conditions they signed up to.

They might be able to change the names or name, but for a charge, plus any difference in the cost of flights and prices can vary a lot around Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭thegoodlife

Hi bSlick,

There is a charge to change the names on the tickets usually around €60 I think. It varys depending on which airline. You could list the tickets for sale on ebay maye.

Not sure what it costs to change the dates or if you can....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ianfella

bSlick wrote: »
    My parents have booked flights to Florida for Xmas. However they will now not be able to make the trip. So is it possible to sell these flights? Or transfer the flights to a later date?

Hi, travel agent here, you may be able to change the name on the ticket. As a previous post says, it may depend on the rules of the ticket and the carrier. Aer Lingus charge €100 to change a name. Delta do not allow name changes on economy tickets at all. Continental Airlines may be a bit more lenient. Call the airline for more info or go the the respective airlines' website

Advertisement