Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Airsoft Adverts

Options
  • 22-11-2009 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

I have been banned from Airsoft Adverts by a Moderator who believes that I have made persistant low-balled offers and taken the piss out of sellers on the Airsoft Adverts thread.
    All of the offers I have made to Sellers on Airsoft Adverts have been either rejected or graciously accepeted.
    All of the offers I have made have been genuine and each offer was made with due consideration of what was actually on offer.
    The moderator who has banned me for 7 days also has listed an item for sale and I believe he is unhappy with the offer I made for that item.
    I would like clarification of the moderators' decision and justification as to the implementation of their banning.
    I look forward to a speedy reply.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Have you discussed this with the mod?

Also, that image in your sig seems to be a bit too big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Viper Antidote

Thanks for your speedy reply Smashey.

I have sent a PM to the Moderator requesting Clarification but I have had no response as yet.

I received a warning on the 11/11/2009 from the moderator which I felt had no justification.

I believe that the Moderator in question is attempting to alienate me on Airsoft Adverts after posting on a thread I had been on warning that they were watching offers and that they had one person on their endangered species list.

Hi Smashey.

I have received a reply from the Moderator which i believe is colmpletely unjust.

I received a warning by PM on the 11/11/2009 from the moderator.

I have just been told by PM from the Moerator that the ban was for an offer I made on the 04/04/2009!!!

This contradicts any iota of logic.

I believe I am being bullied and victimised by this moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Viper Antidote,

you have persistently low-balled sellers, sometimes with near 50% offers on items. The fact that you attempted to seriously low-ball me only brought your behaviour to my attention as the excuse you served was then offered to somebody else on an offer considerably less than that you offered me again and highlighted that you have no problems being economical with the truth in order to justify offers that would otherwise be construed as taking the p*ss.

Given that it seeking the best offer possible is generally encouraged, I also have to find a balancing act between that and shafting the other party. Historically, issues tend to focus around sellers trying to charge over the odds on an item and moderator work tends to focus around this when not dealing with outright rule breaking such as off-thread dealing or buyers trying to outdo oen another with bidding or squabbling over who is first in line. In your case, the situation is reversed where the buyer is the one trying to get the most out of the seller with minimum scruple. The door swings both ways and thus a balancing act is needed.

I have sought counsel from both my fellow adverts.ie moderators and the airsoft moderators in this particular case (as indeed smashey can attest) when issuing your initial warning as I was genuinely unhappy with both your conduct and having to take the step I did in doing so.

With regards your ban, it was a mistaken case of reading the timestamp on your last offer wrong and the ban has been rescinded already.

As I have already stated Lemming I have made genuine offers on items that have been listed by sellers on Airsoft Adverts.

The offer I made on the item you had listed was made after researching current and original prices for a second hand B.A.R. and contrary to the prices you have listed it actually was on sale for £650 originally in 2008.
    I believe my offer was legitimate considering the condition of the item you had listed.

I do believe in paying a fair price for an item and I would expect a fair price for an item I was selling.

Factors that inevitably reduce items value are it's condition and how it had been maintained.
    You have admitted that your item hadn't been used in a considerable time and that there were marks on the wooden parts of the item.
    My offer is and was genuine, it may not have been the offer you wanted but it was a genuine offer.

You said i blatently lied on threads to sellers which I read in total disbelief.

You do not know my personall circumstances, nor would I air them on boards. Suffice to say I offer what I can afford while still maintaining a respectable standard of living.

I do believe that your excuse that you were mistaken with timestamps on posts is a cover up to your efforts to bully me from the Airsoft fraternity.

I would expect an apology to be forthcoming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

As I have already stated Lemming I have made genuine offers on items that have been listed by sellers on Airsoft Adverts.

I see no reason why you have not been sincere in the offers that you made being real. That is not the issue nor never has been. So I fail to see why you keep repeating it as if it explains all. One can be sincere and still be chancing their arm at the same time.
    The offer I made on the item you had listed was made after researching current and original prices for a second hand B.A.R. and contrary to the prices you have listed it actually was on sale for £650 originally in 2008.
    I believe my offer was legitimate considering the condition of the item you had listed.

At risk of dragging this thread off-topic (since the above quote is not the point), I'm just going to comment on your rather conveniently skewed "research". So, tell me; What was the trade value of Sterling in early January 2008 (when the item in question was purchased)? GBP0.745. So what did £650 equate to exactly?

And actually, it was £850 originally in 2008. Before postage costs to Ireland. And that package would come in around 6.5/7 kg too. I mistaken had the price listed as £750 originally if buying it from the UK. Besides of which I paid €950 for it locally as it was a special one-off order (hence the UK links, not Irish links because no Irish shop stocks the item in question as standard)

So where exactly did you research this from? It's fascinating and also so glaringly incorrect as to be wilfully dishonest.
    I do believe in paying a fair price for an item and I would expect a fair price for an item I was selling.

Excuse me whilst I cough. Your behaviour to date when offering prices has been quite at odds and I can (when I get the time) dig up quite a few separate threads with that to note, containing both low ball offers but repeated "reminders" of same to posters that in some cases I would consider to be verging on harassing.
    Factors that inevitably reduce items value are it's condition and how it had been maintained.
    You have admitted that your item hadn't been used in a considerable time and that there were marks on the wooden parts of the item.

Curious logic considering the facts "on the ground". Used once in over 18 months, kept in a gun-case since (ergo safe as hell), with exceptionally small amount of wear somehow equates to 50% off? Your justification for the offer you made was actually nothing to do with any of the above and was apparently a "recessionary offer" (direct quote). A line you've used elsewhere as well.
    You said i blatently lied on threads to sellers which I read in total disbelief.
    [/qote]

Yes you have. In short order of offering me €400 citing poverty and recession, you then play the same game on another user at a much lower price again. Whilst also putting in bids on several other threads. Clearly recession and/or concerns about money are the last things on your mind if you are able to behave as such.
    You do not know my personall circumstances, nor would I air them on boards. Suffice to say I offer what I can afford while still maintaining a respectable standard of living.

Your circumstances are your own business. But where I draw the line is misleading other users of adverts to your financial benefit. See my above comments regarding recession & poverty et al.
    I do believe that your excuse that you were mistaken with timestamps on posts is a cover up to your efforts to bully me from the Airsoft fraternity.

I would expect an apology to be forthcoming.

You can think what you like, and you can keep waiting for that apology. It wont be coming because there is no attempt to bully you. I have already apologised for the mistaken ban itself. And that's your lot. I take my moderation of adverts quite, quite seriously. The issue of you low-balling myself is not the issue and is a side-show distraction from why you were (mistakenly I might add) handed said ban, and why you have received warning in the past regarding your behaviour.

Thanks Smashey.

Sig2big problem remedied.

Advertisement