Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waxing Etiquette

• 22-11-2009 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Hi all,

Just wondering - do ye guys tip the person who waxes you? ... in Brazilia or UrbanWax for example!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭foodaholic

god ive never tipped are u supposed to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I've never tipped either - just wondering why they always insist on meeting you at the til to say goodbye after an appointment. Are they just being friendly, or waiting for a tip???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bumpintraining

I've never tipped a beautician either, I only ever tip my hairdresser.
    Can a beautician confirm if they should get tipped??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Jeez, they are getting enough of my money. I do not tip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I alway tip. As far as I know its the done thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I tip people depending on the cost of the service. For example, I get my hair done for €18 (get the students to do it) and am always really happy with the result so given how cheap it is for such a good service I'm more than happy to tip the hairdresser.

Brazilians can cost anywhere from €50 - €70. There is no way in hell that they should expect tips on top of that cost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I'm surprised most people don't seem to tip. I always tip at beauticians no matter what I'm getting done, usually 10% but at the same time I've always been lucky and got really good service. Most people I see paying tend to tip as well.

Having said that I wouldn't if I wasn't happy and don't feel there should be an obligation to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Tip?! No way! It is expensive enough already! If a person went out of their way to do something other than what they are being paid for, that's the only time I consider tipping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Brazilians can cost anywhere from €50 - €70. There is no way in hell that they should expect tips on top of that cost!

Exactly. You can get a brazillian for one third of that price in London so in Dublin it's a complete rip-off (pun intended). So I wouldn't blame anyone for tipping for a service they are paying way over the odds for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Beonce

I tip if they're good, I'm sure the person doing the waxing is not getting much of that 50 euro!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i tip the odd time if i feel they have put in the effort to chat etc but if i'm paying 50-70quid for a wax, i'm out in 8mins and i feel like it's been a really rushed job i definately wont....

also, if the person owns the place i don't think it's necessary to tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

I always tip when Im in the beauticians - partly because shes a friend/client of mine. Secondly because she tips me when she comes into my salon.

I used to work in a salon that had a beauticians in it and quite a few people did tip her (even though her work was sh1t)

I own my salon (hair) and people always tip myself and the junior who washes their hair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

I pay 25 to a girl who does it in her house after hours and give her 30. Unreal perfectionist. I get a month out of it. Perfect job. Never tipped when I was apying more.

• No way. Beauty services are waaay overpriced in Ireland as it is. If the person doing the waxing doesn't get most of that money, that's not my fault. I can't afford to shell out even more, I wouldn't be able to eat!

Advertisement