Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Speaker Cable

• 22-11-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'll be in the market for speaker cable soon and just seen this offer from Lidl. Is this cable up to much?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That cable is very good value and will do the job fine. Probably will pick some up for myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DJMIX

a lot better value than the monster cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Mathiasb

Monster Cable products are ****e for the price they're sold at. Read this:

http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm#reviewdares
    and
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/field-notes/the-truth-about-monster-cable-266616.php

I remember when DVI started to appear, and stores began selling cables with "gold plated DVI connectors" :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment:

The OP's question has been answered, please don't have this degenerate into another cable rant thread.

Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Mathiasb wrote: »
    I remember when DVI started to appear, and stores began selling cables with "gold plated DVI connectors" :pac:

LOL ignorance is bliss.

Back to the topic at hand

no one has ever doubted 79 strand speaker cable. That is what monster sell, and now lidl sell.

I'm sure that Mathias would be willing to do a blind test to determine how "bad" monster cabling is compared to the lidl brand.

Afterall, in this day and age, you pays yer money ye takes yer choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Where's the cable? I click the link and it bring me to Lidl main page with no cable? was it just an offer, is it now over?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

It is a previous special, the website only shows current and future specials so it has been purged.

I was in a Lidl on Monday, they had at least six rolls left, so it might be worth your while having a look.

Advertisement