Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywood Glen, illegal dumping.

• 22-11-2009 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Went for my usual walk this morning with my 3 muts, Hollywood Glen area. At entrance to Coillte, Toor, there has been a considerable amount of materials dumped from a garage in Dublin including old oils, old bits of cars and.... two commercially made garage signs. Photos taken. I guess there's a good case for prosecution in these circumstances?

(Also posted elsewhere.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

lash up the evidence there! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Contact the relevant authorities and let them deal with it, especially as it's not on private property.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

I nearly did "lash up" a few photos but the OH has tidied so it's lost! Perhaps it's just as well though as the situation is now well under investigation by authorities. Looking forward to hearing the outcome too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Folks this is why it's so important to ensure anyone removing waste for you has a waste collection permit. There is a strong possibility the garage involved got somebody to come and do a clear out, that somebody obviously felt there was more profit to go and pollute the country side than go to a waste facility.

It is illegal to collect or remove waste for profit without a waste collection permit unless it is incidental to another job.

It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure anybody taking waste has a valid permit. It's simply not right that this kind of activity is going on where the cheaper, uninsured, non permitted "man with a van" is taking business that a legitimate permit holder could have who will dispose of the waste in an environmentally sound way rather than spoiling and polluting nature. It may cost a bit more but there is good reason for this as the cost of getting a permit and disposal is quite high but far less than what you will pay in fines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

Good thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

cormie wrote: »
    Folks this is why it's so important to ensure anyone removing waste for you has a waste collection permit. There is a strong possibility the garage involved got somebody to come and do a clear out, that somebody obviously felt there was more profit to go and pollute the country side than go to a waste facility.

It is illegal to collect or remove waste for profit without a waste collection permit unless it is incidental to another job.

It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure anybody taking waste has a valid permit. It's simply not right that this kind of activity is going on where the cheaper, uninsured, non permitted "man with a van" is taking business that a legitimate permit holder could have who will dispose of the waste in an environmentally sound way rather than spoiling and polluting nature. It may cost a bit more but there is good reason for this as the cost of getting a permit and disposal is quite high but far less than what you will pay in fines.

Have to agree with you on this.

At the end of the day if you use a cheap service which results in your rubbish getting dumped on the side of the road, YOU are responsible for the clean up bill and the littering offence.

Ex-workmate of mine used this kind of cheap service to get her garden tidied up and thought it was great. When I told her that it would be dumped on the side of the road she didn't care. Not her problem she said, once her garden looked nice! :mad: This is what we are up against!

Advertisement