Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 & Network Help

• 23-11-2009 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

I am wondering does anyone know of someone who calls to your house to fix computers and connection to the internet etc.

Have a PS3 and can no longer log onto the internet and have been trying in vain to fix it myself the last 3 days - reading boards etc etc.

Just wondering is there a business/person who calls to a house to fix such problems?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

mozattack wrote: »
    I am wondering does anyone know of someone who calls to your house to fix computers and connection to the internet etc.

Have a PS3 and can no longer log onto the internet and have been trying in vain to fix it myself the last 3 days - reading boards etc etc.

Just wondering is there a business/person who calls to a house to fix such problems?

Thanks

May seem a stupid question but if them problem is just with your PS3 perhaps ring tech support?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Problems with your PS3 should go to their Tech Support.

Problems with your internet should go with your ISPs Tech Support. Note: If your PC/Laptop can use the same internet connection fine, its your Play Stations fault.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

And this has precisely what to do with Waterford city.

Have you bothered to look through the console forums
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=523

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Aquos76 wrote: »
    And this has precisely what to do with Waterford city.

Have you bothered to look through the console forums
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=523

TBF the OP did ask was there someone local who could help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ill have a look if ya want. Simple to set up. Where abouts ya at?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

mozattack wrote: »

Thanks

Start a thread in the PS forum, giving all details/error messages and we'll see what we can do for you.
    We're quite resourceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

strange - was thinking of trying to set up a side business in this exact area - ps3 - xbox - wii, network, TV sound issues etc. Drop me a pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

See it is the usual, (it is the PS3s fault / it is the ISP fault / it is the router's fault) so I dont know what to do.

The problem is a DNS 80710102 problem which seems to be quite common but hell if I understand the proposed advice.

Rang Sony and was on hold for 15 minutes and didnt get anyway :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not relevant to the forum here lads. If anyone wants to help the OP out - send him a PM :)

Topic Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement