Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL and the strike on Tuesday

• 23-11-2009 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Just wondering whether UL is affected with the strike on Tuesday? I haven't received an email from the college. I asked two of my lecturers one said we didn't have college, the other said we did!! Does anyone have any info?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

There was a post about this the other day, but I cant be arsed looking for it...
    Basically it said that UL are not going on strike, and that lectures are going ahead as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Here's the thread you're looking for. In short, everything goes on as normal in UL on Tuesday as UNITE (the main union) members voted against strike action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

B*****ds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Why are students upset that there is no strike?
    Just take the day off if you want it off that much.

Having a day off down to a strike only means you have more material to cover in less lecture time.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

john_cappa wrote: »

Having a day off down to a strike only means you have more material to cover in less lecture time.

Please don't paint us all with the same Brush!! - I for one am not upset!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

john_cappa wrote: »

:rolleyes:
    Looking for common sense? Go elsewhere :D
    You're right, of course. I assume 'we' would be upset missing the opportunity for a 'guilt'-free day off.
    But that's just me guessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

University of Limerick got particular mention on Drivetime with Matt Cooper with lots of people texting and emailing that it's business as usual.

The union gimp seemed upset and tried making excuses.

Advertisement