Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital camera, What to look for or recommendations?

Options
  • 23-11-2009 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭

Hi as the titles says im looking to buy a digital camera and am curious as to what kind of things i should be looking for? as im not really up to date with there technology at the momment or if anyone could recommend one to buy? To help narrow it down i would be looking for a fairly comapct one as in would fit in a jeans pocket easily. Thks for taking the time to read and i look forward to reading the replys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Hi as the titles says im looking to buy a digital camera and am curious as to what kind of things i should be looking for? as im not really up to date with there technology at the momment or if anyone could recommend one to buy? To help narrow it down i would be looking for a fairly comapct one as in would fit in a jeans pocket easily. Thks for taking the time to read and i look forward to reading the replys.

What do you want to do with it?

For instance I bought my Lumix TZ7 as it is the best pocketable HD point and shoot on the market. Optical Zoom can be used during recording also.

I will post a YouTube video of footage shot if you wish.

What price range are you willing to stretch to?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

OutlawPete wrote: »
    What do you want to do with it?

For instance I bought my Lumix TZ7 as it is the best pocketable HD point and shoot on the market. Optical Zoom can be used during recording also.

I will post a YouTube video of footage shot if you wish.

What price range are you willing to stretch to?

Basically id just be using it for video and photos of concerts or while on holiday just general stuff really.

Yeh thks that would be great get to see the quality.

Id be willing to go in around the 300 euro mark?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Basically id just be using it for video and photos of concerts or while on holiday just general stuff really.

Yeh thks that would be great get to see the quality.

Id be willing to go in around the 300 euro mark?

Well, I think the TZ7 has no competition. You'll get a brand new one for €275 delivered no problem. They are fantastic.

Slight issue with the auto-focusing when you use the Optical Zoom while recording in HD. However, seen as this is the only decent poin-and-shoot that has such an excellent range of Optical Zoom then it's not a deal breaker. Nice size too ..

3591704040_eb30a35218_o.jpg

It slips into a pocket no problem and if your at a gig nobody will suspect your recording if you keep making it appear as if you are just trying to take a photo. At Beyonce a guy beside me was told to put his Canon Camcorder away (HF10 I think) while they ignored people with point-and-shoots.

Anyway, here's three videos I have shot. Click on the HD button for best quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Thanks a lot for the replys and for posting vids etc, I think thats the one ill go for. Youve been a great help.

Advertisement