Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adwords question

• 23-11-2009 1:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

I am just wondering how it works with keywords and searches that contain most but not all of your keywords, for example if I had a hotel in Dublin and I had the keywords "hotel dublin" and someone typed in "hotel dublin 2" would I be competing equally with someone who had the exact phrase "hotel dublin 2" in their keywords? Would google rank us equally and base it on our bids and ctr's or would the more exact phrase get an advantage?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭RedFly

Mickk wrote: »
    I am just wondering how it works with keywords and searches that contain most but not all of your keywords, for example if I had a hotel in Dublin and I had the keywords "hotel dublin" and someone typed in "hotel dublin 2" would I be competing equally with someone who had the exact phrase "hotel dublin 2" in their keywords? Would google rank us equally and base it on our bids and ctr's or would the more exact phrase get an advantage?

Hi Mick,
    It's a little bit more complicated than that. Your "bid" depends on a realtively new (2005) factor in AdWords called Quality Score. Your match type also comes into play.

In the example you used, quality score only impacts the EXACT MATCH of search term.

There's a great video explaining it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7l0a2PVhPQ

Hope that helps.

Dave

Advertisement