Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know where i can buy egg whites?

Options
  • 23-11-2009 3:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

I usually remove the yolk from each egg but i found out you can buy egg whites with the yolk already extracted. Has anybody seen these in the likes of Dunnes, Tesco, Superquinn, etc? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Its is really too much trouble removing the yolk yourself :confused:

Id imagine you wouldnt be able to buy egg whites on their own...they wouldnt be fresh either.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Possum66

Dunnes has them. I saw them in a half pint pack in Dunnes, Cornelscourt, beside the sour cream, buttermilk etc.

But I am curious now: what do you do with the yolks?? Or are you on a special diet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

as far as I know you can freeze eggs once you separate them. You could use the eggs yolks for jazzing up some baked goods, brownies for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dunnes have them, this is discussed a bit in the fitness forum, where weightlifters are eating lots of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I've seen them in Dunnes near the milk/cream section.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭InKonspikuou2

I'm a bodybuilder and it's part of a diet for bulking.

And @LadyE yeah it's annoying cracking open 6 eggs a day and having to remove the yolk.

Anyways thanks. I'll check Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

make yourself a nice pasta carbonara and stir the yokes into the pasta right after you drain the water whilst it's still steaming hot. yummy. :)

i forget, is pasta a good or a bad thing for bodybuilders?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I'm a bodybuilder and it's part of a diet for bulking.
    You can see lifters discussing diets etc in the fitness forum here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=252

There is a large thread on supplements at the top which might be of interest.

Advertisement