Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seat Altea 1.9S 2008 MPG?

• 23-11-2009 7:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

I'm currently looking at buying an XL version of the above. I know they aren't the prettiest car on the road but they are very spacious with a good driving position.

I'm looking for any experience/feedback on MPG and/or reliability. I've checked Honest John/Parkers and Whatcar and there seems to be some conflict with the user reviews as to the 'real life' MPG that is achieveable.

Quoted is around 51 mpg but some users mention 40'ish.

Car will do around 25-30k klm a year so MPG is important in the decision making process. (apologies for mixing measurements)

Thanks a million for any assistance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It's a standard VAG 1.9TDI (closely related to the Veyron's powerplant) so it'll do about 42-45mpg with everyday use. How much are you planning to spend? There are much better cars out there for the money - Octavia, Superb, Mondeo, Accord, Zafira (yeah I know, but it has a similar driving position, a good diesel and the latest one has a great autobox).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Thanks a million for the quick reply. Looking at spending approx 9.5 - 10k along with our own car. 1.6 Petrol Altea, 76k miles, 2004, serviced and minded with no issues. This has proven v reliable but the mpg is disappointing averaging 30-31, hence the change. We have owned the previous altea for 5 years

Advertisement