Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domocillary allowence

Options
  • 23-11-2009 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Excuse the spelling buy I am sure you will know what I mean. I have a child who is disabled. I have only sorted out his carers allowence/benefit recently. There was so much paperwork involved it saps your energy.

Anyway I find out that I am now entitled to claim domocillary allowence. Have you any experiences if this payment. Is this like childrens allowence and payed directly for the care of the child or is it an assable income for tax purposes. In otherwords do I have to cue all day and have this income declared on my tax or is it like the childrens allowence and because its means tested its not taxable. Am I making sense.

I cannot find anything on the revenue website about this. I spoke to revenue on the phone and they said I need to drop in

I figured the simplest way would be to ask someone drawing it.

Your help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

You could try ringing the Social Welfare Services and asking them as they give the allowance. The numbers are Tel: (071) 915 7100 and Locall: 1890 500 000 .Or you could try phoning the Citizens Information Phone Service. Lo Call 1890 777 121 . They can be helpful enough and sometimes will find out and get back to you if they don't know the answer.

You might already have done that. It's just a suggestion. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

chilly wrote: »
    You could try ringing the Social Welfare Services and asking them as they give the allowance. The numbers are Tel: (071) 915 7100 and Locall: 1890 500 000 .Or you could try phoning the Citizens Information Phone Service. Lo Call 1890 777 121 . They can be helpful enough and sometimes will find out and get back to you if they don't know the answer.

You might already have done that. It's just a suggestion. :)

Thank you. I am actually no further along with this so i might just do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭GER12

www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/IllnessDisabilityAndCaring/Carers/DomiciliaryCareAllowance/Pages/DomiciliaryCareAllowance.aspx

This is a means tested payment and is not taxable. You should ask citizens information on what the qualifying conditions are.... I havent managed to find the operational guidelines on the scheme which gives more detailed information. You could try contacting the relevant section of the DSFA for the operational guidelines.

If you qualify for domiciliary care allowance you may claim carers allowance and respite care allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

GER12 wrote: »
    www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/IllnessDisabilityAndCaring/Carers/DomiciliaryCareAllowance/Pages/DomiciliaryCareAllowance.aspx

This is a means tested payment and is not taxable. You should ask citizens information on what the qualifying conditions are.... I havent managed to find the operational guidelines on the scheme which gives more detailed information. You could try contacting the relevant section of the DSFA for the operational guidelines.

If you qualify for domiciliary care allowance you may claim carers allowance and respite care allowance.

I cant actually see where its says it is not taxable. Can you show me please.I did contact DSFA they dont know. Granted I might have been speaking to the wrong person.

Advertisement