Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card charges for account withdrawals

Options
  • 23-11-2009 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭

i have an account with boyle poker and have made a few withdrawals lately, looking at my account i noticed a load of CASH ADVANCE FEES of 2.50.
    A quick google and i found that they apply these charges on any monies related to gambling....

Has anyone else had these charges made to their accounts?...I'm with MBNA...
    has never happened to me before... an absolute joke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Sounds like it's time to drop MBNA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Yes, I read an article that MBNA have only started to do this in November. Most (major) gambling sites will never charge for deposit/withdrawals but cannot dictate payment providers charges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Cannot find what I was reading ... but I am glad I am not a customer ...
    MBNA wrote:
    As of 2009, complaints to regulators by consumers concerning MBNA's unfair and predatory practices have been made with allegations of fraudulent construction of "valid" credit agreements (in the U.K.), abusive and threatening debt collection practices, and a practice of offering attractive balance transfer deals with rate increases that trap customers into debt they can never hope to repay.

MBNA record all telephone numbers used to contact them and then those numbers to contact their customers, particularly to chase debts, without regard to the privacy of those customers - for example, if a customer uses a neighbors or work telephone to contact MBNA at some time, that number will remain on MBNA's database and is likely to be used for debt chasing purposes. MBNA call centre staff also reveal the reason for calling to whoever answers the call, which may be the customer's boss, neighbor, friends, and family. A great deal of complaints in US and UK consumer forums has revealed this particular violation of privacy is a common activity of MBNA.

U.K. Trading Standards in the Chester area, where MBNA Europe Bank is based, have been contacted by numerous customers of MBNA, warning of the company's behaviour, but the standards agency, responsible for upholding customer complaints, has so far failed to engage in any meaningful communication with those customers despite being in "regular contact" with MBNA for unknown reasons.

In Ireland, MBNA calls consumers up to eight times a day who are behind in making payments, which prompted the state debt advisory service to publicly state that harassment is outlawed. Affected people were advised to complain to the relevant authorities. MBNA has also been criticised for its practice of having two 0% deals on the same credit card of different lengths which can lead to consumers' balances being 'trapped' and accumulating interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Yes, I read an article that MBNA have only started to do this in November. Most (major) gambling sites will never charge for deposit/withdrawals but cannot dictate payment providers charges.

think i'll be dropping them then.... just wondering if all creit card providers are doing this?....

Advertisement