Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library Books Due Date (no time given)

Options
  • 23-11-2009 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

I've got some books to hand into the library on Wed. But I won't be able to get in there till around half 5.

The receipt just says the due date is 25/11/09. Do I need to get them back in before a certain time though to avoid fines?

Is the time they're due the same time I took them out 2 weeks ago or anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

It's the time you took them out at to the nearest second

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

The poster above is right most of the time. Though a few items have different due times. I'd check on your UCD Connect account to make sure, also unless they are short loans you could renew them

The poster above is right all of the time.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

The poster above is wrong

FYP

Short Loans are to the second as Randolph put it. Fines kick in then for every hour you are late.

General Loans you get until the library closes. So you will have until midnight on Wednesday. Fines kick in then for every day you are are late. Week Loans are the same I think.

Alyosha wrote: »
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

FYP too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

FYP too
    What the FCK does FYP mean?

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

FYP

Short Loans are to the second as Randolph put it. Fines kick in then for every hour you are late.

General Loans you get until the library closes. So you will have until midnight on Wednesday. Fines kick in then for every day you are are late. Week Loans are the same I think.

Well I meant that he was right to say some are to the second, but that others are not. Use of the word "most" was the wrong choice. In my head I knew what I meant! The UCD connect check is the best thing to do if the OP is unsure about the particular item on loan.

Don't worry, it's OK I am a librarian :D I've wanted to say that for a while now....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Don't forget about superfines!!!

convert wrote: »
    Don't forget about superfines!!!

Superfines aren't there this year. Neither is the midnight opening. What a jip!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I saw a poster on the desk of information desk in the James Joyce saying there is superfines. Not too sure if they are actually in place though

• Advertisement

They didn't email this time to tell us so we don't have to pay them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

http://www.ucd.ie/library/about/policies_and_regulations/superfines.html

Superfines
    Short Loan General Loan Week Loan Max Fine
    €1.50 per hour €1.50 per day €6.00 per day €100 per item

From Monday 23rd November, until Friday 18th December, all UCD Library branches will increase fines due to the high demand for books. We have listed below answers to several anticipated questions regarding the increase in fines. However, please contact Reader Services (ph: 716 7627 or email reader.services@ucd.ie) if you have any further questions or concerns regarding the fines.

Q.Why has the Library decided to increase the fines?
    A. During very busy exam times books are often returned late, so to try stop this and to help keep the books in circulation we have decided to increase the fines.

Q. If I borrow a book before the 23/11/09, will I be charged at the higher rate if the book is returned late after that date?
    A. We will only charge you at the higher rate from the 23rd November onwards.

Q. If I have an exam on the day the book is due back will I have superfines?
    A. The Library has always waived fines on Short Loan books if you have an exam at the time the book is due, but only if you return the book that day.

Q. Do superfines apply to all Library stock?
    A. Yes, superfines apply to all items borrowed from all UCD branch libraries during these dates.

They didn't email this time to tell us so we don't have to pay them!

Email went around last night/this morning re Superfines.

Library is open till midnight, I was there last night

Email went around last night/this morning re Superfines.
    Library is open till midnight, I was there last night

cookie4_640.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

Sympathy thanks for you Randolph. Books are not due back to the nearest second, the library is open until midnight and superfines are in place. Cookie come with milk?

Sympathy thanks for you Randolph. Books are not due back to the nearest second, the library is open until midnight and superfines are in place. Cookie come with milk?

No cookie for you. Me no like you

cookie4_640.jpg

One should never take cookies from strangers!

One should never take cookies from strangers!

I, like you, frequent the impersonal surrounds of UCD on a daily basis. So I'm not a stranger
    /eat my cookie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

FYP too

[Mod-hat] Now, now, settle down [/mod-hat]

• Advertisement
Advertisement