Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call off the Strikes

Options
  • 23-11-2009 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Call it off. It cant go ahead, not now. This country is in a mess, people are losing their homes. belongings etc.
    Its already called off in Clare Galway and Cork. PS Unions should get their heads out of their arses now and call it off. PS Workers are now very much against this strike in the current climate.
    Call it off. Now. Do the decent thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

do we really need another thread on this topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

No. Let them happen, we need the extra money we will save by having no PS wages for a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭seangal

Liam79 wrote: »
    Call it off. It cant go ahead, not now. This country is in a mess, people are losing their homes. belongings etc.
    Its already called off in Clare Galway and Cork. PS Unions should get their heads out of their arses now and call it off. PS Workers are now very much against this strike in the current climate.
    wake up man
    public sector worked 24 hours a day since thursday in cork
    what did the private sector retail do????????
    doubled the price of drinking water and water bottles
    shame on private sector again showing there greed that destroyed this country

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

seangal wrote: »
    what did the private sector do????????

try to avoid paying any claims and raise insurance premiums??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭seangal

Riskymove wrote: »
    try to avoid paying any claims and raise insurance premiums??
    that is what they will do
    they will screw the people again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

wake up man
    Is there a hint of exaggeration with your "working 24 hours a day since Thursday"?
    As for the retail sector bumping prices - maybe the newsagents, etc. but I'm surprised that drapery and clothing stores were doing this - its shocking! What about music shops; were they too at it?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

What about music shops; were they too at it?

The music shops were no help, completely useless in a crisis. Give me a fireman any day.

ardmacha wrote: »
    The music shops were no help, completely useless in a crisis. Give me a fireman any day.

could a lot of stacked CDs act like sandbags?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

PS Workers are now very much against this strike in the current climate.

You didn't ask me, and I'm all for it.

Are you having jimmmy-esque notions of knowing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Riskymove wrote: »
    could a lot of stacked CDs act like sandbags?

DVD's are better in my opinion (which is fact)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

wake up man

What do they want?? a medal for doing their job!!

Did they put in for over time??

Or maybe they should have their pay docked while they are waiting for something to happen.

I am not suggesting that any of the above should happen, but you can ef off if you think your going to get any sympathy. What a joke

Tipp Man wrote: »
    DVD's are better in my opinion (which is fact)

what utter tosh

everyone KNOWS that the AVERAGE DVD case is overpriced and shoddy. It simply believes it is entitled to be seen as superior to a CD Case...and dont get me started on its superior retitement benefits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

whatnext wrote: »
    but you can ef off if you think your going to get any sympathy.

They don't want your sympathy, they have an important job to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

wake up man

the majority of those helping with the rescue effort were volunteers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

whatnext wrote: »
    What do they want?? a medal for doing their job!!

Did they put in for over time??

Or maybe they should have their pay docked while they are waiting for something to happen.

I am not suggesting that any of the above should happen, but you can ef off if you think your going to get any sympathy. What a joke

sit back and wait for the rescue efforts by public servants to be brought up during every interview with a union head or even a random public sector worker on various radio shows in the coming days and weeks , they know how to play the pull at the heartstrings card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

kbannon wrote: »
    Is there a hint of exaggeration with your "working 24 hours a day since Thursday"? :rolleyes:

Not neccessarily, they could be on double or triple time for that...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

skearon wrote: »
    Not neccessarily, they could be on double or triple time for that...
    but the same people were not working - a rota system would have been in place and they would be providing similar services to those that would have already been in place.
    Also, many private sector workers would be trying to assist those in need when possible. The fact is that some PS workers do this for a living but making them out to be martyrs for doing this at a time of need is misleading the debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Why dont you call off your vague statements and try coming back with some facts. The PS are perfectly entitled to strike. In the areas worst affected, it is not going ahead but in general please give a good reason other than you feel put out by it.

PS. Not a public servant

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mcloke

I think you will find that IMPACT certainly (not sure about the others) are only not striking staff working in those areas needed due to the current situation....those in other areas are still striking.

P.S. Not a public sector worker :rolleyes:

Advertisement