Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Monday November 23rd @ 20:30 in Colombus- Ravenhill V Boardeaux

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

so i think we are agreed on the following -

we have only ourselves to blame, we didnt take our chances to kill the game off and also, made 2 mistakes for goals that we should not have conceded.

the refs atitude was appaling.
    the free kicks for the first and 3rd goals were a little, err, soft.
    his interpretation of the rules of the game are a little bit incorrect.

Like Ed says, there's clearly none of us trying to blame this loss on the ref - we're delibarately discussing his failures separately to our own.

I don't agree that no good will come of raising it with Astro. It certainly won't change if we do nothing about it, if we do something there's a slim chance it will improve, so why not?

At the trophy party at end of season before last they had 2 marketing chicks doing 'market research' - basically surveying players for feedback. We gave them detailed feedback on the disgraceful attitude and behaviour of several refs (calling out this was separate to their decision-making, though we did also raise poor fitness and inconsistent application of rules like 'Leave it!' etc.). I would say that the standard of the attitude amongst the refs has generally been noticeably less bad than before then so it may have had some level of impact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I played a couple of games with Ravenhill when they started up a few seasons ago, and alot of my mates still play with them. I've heard that the one of the goals they scored was pretty nice, but the celebration was way over the top - would anyone care to describe it for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

There was a lack of pants and general shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Wreck wrote: »
    I played a couple of games with Ravenhill when they started up a few seasons ago, and alot of my mates still play with them. I've heard that the third goal they scored was pretty nice, but the celebration was way over the top - would anyone care to describe it for me?

errm, i didnt even notice a celebration. i dont think there was any. ravenhill are a good bunch of lads, never had any bother with them...

and the 3rd goal was an og, so id hardly describe it as nice hence also why there was no celebration...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

errm, i didnt even notice a celebration. i dont think there was any. ravenhill are a good bunch of lads, never had any bother with them...

and the 3rd goal was an og, so id hardly describe it as nice hence also why there was no celebration...

Sorry, my mistake, it must have been the second goal, it was described to me so many times by the scorer on Saturday night you'd think I'd get the details right - a cracking volley from outside the box ring any bells with anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dont remember no wild celbration, i'd echo what ed says, we've played the Ravenhill lads a good bit there a good bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Sorry, my mistake, it must have been the second goal, it was described to me so many times by the scorer on Saturday night you'd think I'd get the details right - a cracking volley from outside the box ring any bells with anyone?

It was more like a mediocre miss hit shin volley ;)

Nah it was a good volley, i remember it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Wreck wrote: »

so i am guressing it was you that scored it then?

as said, was a shinner, rolled down along his leg and took 4 deflections before going in off the refs head :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Yeh it was a decent goal.

Advertisement