Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin church authorities covered up child sex abuse, report will be shocking

Options
  • 23-11-2009 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Get ready for some "hell", what an ugly stain on Dublin and Irish Catholics.

The report into the handling of clerical child sex abuse allegations by Church and State authorities in the Dublin Archdiocese will be published this week.

It had been delayed when it came to light that criminal proceedings had been brought against another priest named in the report.

Leaked reports found that the Church authorities covered up clerical child sex abuse in Dublin.

The full report is likely to come before Cabinet tomorrow.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Yeah where i went to school,the priest was molesting boys:( he got moved from the parish,and died before his court date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Get ready for some "hell", what an ugly stain on Dublin and Irish Catholics.

The report into the handling of clerical child sex abuse allegations by Church and State authorities in the Dublin Archdiocese will be published this week.

It had been delayed when it came to light that criminal proceedings had been brought against another priest named in the report.

Leaked reports found that the Church authorities covered up clerical child sex abuse in Dublin.

The full report is likely to come before Cabinet tomorrow.

Are you surprised?

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Berkut wrote: »
    I hope the fúcker is rotting in hell being buggered by demons every sec of his life...death is too good for scum like that. :mad:

Unfortunately from what i read on christian boards they are forgiven to :mad: Wonder who goes to hell if all you have to do is repent :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭token56

The government will undoubtedly do something to help cover up the names of the priests in the report and delay its publication.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Unfortunately it's barely news any more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I wish I was shocked at this but unfortunately nothing that the Catholic Church does can surprise me now. It's an institution that is rotten to the core and the sooner it's gone the better for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭docmol

Yet they still run the vast majority of schools in the country...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Indeed it would be news if the report said any different. Unless there is some ultra cover up scandal involving every Taoiseach, justice minister and bishop for the last 40/50 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Are you really "shocked" by this?
    Sadly I think we all know it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Moved to Dublin Forum

• Advertisement
Advertisement