If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22" LCD with MPEG 4 DTT Tuner

Options
  • 23-11-2009 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of getting either a Samsung LE22B350 or an LG22LH2000 as I understand they have an MPEG4 DTT tuner in them. Could you let me kow how much these cost in the Belfast store?

Are there any other 22" LCD TV's or even 26" LCD's you stock with MPEG 4 tuners in them, and if so how much are they? Many thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

*bump* - just incase it has slipped below the radar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Paddy.

The 22LG, I can do at £219.95 with £11.99 delivery.

The Samsung isn't one that we stock.

The LG is about the only 22" that we stock at present that has an MPEG4 tuner.

As usual, let us know if you see it cheaper anywhere else and our 5 year warranty is just £21.95.

ATB

Hey Dave thanks for the reply.

Could you let me know if you have any 26" LCD's in stock with MPEG4 tuners? Might be better getting a 26" model rather than 22".

I initially saw the 22" LG on the BT Shop where it is £198.98 with £7.30 delivery.

EDIT - the BT Shop seemed to have raised their price since yerterday, but Amazon are also selling it for £199 with £6 odd delivery.

Could you let me kow if you have this also in 26" and what price it is? Thanks!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Paddy.

Again the Only 26" we would have in stock with a MPEG4 tuner would be the LG26LG3050 which is priced at £329.95.

I could offer you the LG 32LH2000 for £329.95 with £20 delivery.

Hope this helps!!!;)

Hi Kenny, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunatly due to the space the TV is going in a 22" (or at a push the 26") would be the only options.

Are you able to price match with Amazon who are selling the LG 22LH2000 for £199 with £5.76 delivery? I might be able to collect in store so delivery won't be an issue, if you can price match it to £199. If you can't price match with online retailers then it's OK, don't worry about it. :)

• Advertisement

Right, got the measuring tape out, I would only be able to get a 22" in the space so I would be very interested in getting the LG 22LH2000. If you can pricematch Amazon / BT Shop who are selling it for £199 plus £5.76 first class delivery then I will get the order put in today for it from yourselves. :)

Hi Paddy C.

I have one of the LG 22LH2000 left in stock. (BRAND NEW BOXED).

I will match the pirce for you of £205.71 delivered.:D

Drop me your contact number in a PM and I can give you a bell for your details.

PM Sent. :)

Ordered and paid for yesterday, any indication of when this will be sent out and when I will expect to receive it? (Hopefully soon!) Who do Richer Sounds use for their deliveries? :)

Got the TV today, all installed and tuned in and working perfectly! Many thanks guys!!

• Advertisement

Hi Paddy.

Glad that you are happy with your screen and it arrived in good time.

Should you need anything else just let me know.

Thanks

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dowlinj

Hi,

I'm looking to get the same tv. Can you offer me the same deal?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I was also looking at getting this TV.

Was going to order it from Amazon who have it at £199.00 with free delivery.

If you could match that though I would order from yourselves.

Thanks.

Now I have had the TV for a few days I have noticed some things with it, not sure if these are specific to this TV or whether they are faults.

Sound on analogue channels is very low and even with it up at 100 its not much louder than it was at 20. I don't know if this is supposed to be like this or whether it is a fault though... The sound is fine on DVB-T channels, nice and loud and should not have to be anywhere above 30-ish to get a nice volume level, but analogue channels are very hard to hear if there is any ambient noise in the room.

Also, it has it's own built in 'Booster' for improving DTT signals. I am already using a masthead and PSU so I turned this off, but it keeps turning itself on again. I don't want this to damage any equipment I have and I don't know why it keeps turning itself on...

Apart from that though it is a lovely TV and works well for the most part. If this is a fault then as long as it was fixed I'd be quite happy, so I might just e-mail LG about it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭dowlinj

Is this deal still on offer? Looking to buy as a Christmas present so if you can't provide please let me know. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.