Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waterproof gear

Options
  • 23-11-2009 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

hi all,

thinking of buying my other half waterproof riding out gear for christmas but don't know where to look. seen the paul carberry range but there 120 for trousers which is a pricey in my opinion.

have ye any suggestions?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I think Musto do a range of waterproof gear now. Saw a pair of waterproof trousers in a tackshop in Wexford for just under €60, which is much cheaper than the PC stuff. Also saw jackets, but didn't price them.

Have you tried Berneys, Holmstead, etc and compared the prices with those that are quoted online?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mothoin

my first proper post,

if you want to buy the best gear, that lasts ages jomiluti is the only way to go, if your going to go for stuff that is designed for sitting in the saddle like the ornella prosperi gear, or the paul carberry range, your looking at around 280 euro for pants and jacket. TRI on the curragh do a decent set(turfmasters, its their own brand range of gear) for around 100 quid though. I found these to be very good, but did not quite stand up to the wear and tear the others did(ornella prosperi or jomiluti) but that said i got a good year out of them before they started letting in water. But its like anything really the price paid for the jomiluti gear is a sound investment in my mind, but it is pricey at €280. God i'm rambling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

thanks for the post but there's no way in the world i would pay 300 euro for waterproof gear when the last pair of trousers i bought him were from pennys golf range!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

LOL to last post
    I got tow pairs of the same waterproof golf pants in penneys that above poster mention.
    Great around yard but i find them too baggy to fit into boots and wear in saddle but fine for bareback if ye dont mind slipping around abit.

Wish they make a sliimer fit and matching top too.
    But Penneys Ski/Rain jacket are grand too. I wear them alot they can get wet if you hang out in rain too long though and do they show wear and tear after nealy a year and half. But very cheap and replacable.

Just a thought isnt there a spray to help waterproof jacket/pants better similar for horse rugs??

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Aldi do cycling waterproof trousers every so often... I have a couple of pairs of those and find them excellent to ride in. The legs have 2 wide velcro tabs so you can make them fit snugly around the calf area over boots/wellies.
    Think they were around a tenner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement