Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to do something?!

Options
  • 23-11-2009 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

It is so quiet in here in terms of events being organised!

Anyone want to head out and do something? Sometime soon!!

Ice skating, drinking, bowling, dinner, pool, cinema etc...

hmm I'm adding a poll to this in order to guage what people are into!

What interests you? 68 votes

Drinks
    0%
    Bowling
    17%
    BlitzkriegerJohnKspoofilyjmik_da_manrun_Forrest_runminidazzlerGERMAN ROCKSsave_our_sockskingtuttommmy1979Bill-erebelbelle 12 votes
    Pool
    8%
    mik_da_manminidazzlerGERMAN ROCKStitan18kingtutnursemar88 6 votes
    Cinema
    10%
    Blitzkriegerspoofilyjminidazzlerkingtuttommmy1979Bill-enursemar88 7 votes
    Lunch
    17%
    BlitzkriegerdeRangedJohnKmik_da_manrun_Forrest_runGERMAN ROCKSsave_our_socksScrubsfanChristitan18kingtutrebelbelleVivara 12 votes
    Dinner
    4%
    deRangedkingtutrebelbelle 3 votes
    Coffee meet-up
    7%
    deRangedspoofilyjall_smilzkingtuttommmy1979 5 votes
    Shopping
    5%
    BlitzkriegerdeRangedJohnKkingtut 4 votes
    Ice Skating
    2%
    fulhamfanincorkkingtut 2 votes
    Road Trip
    5%
    spoofilyjall_smilzkingtutnursemar88 4 votes
    Photo walk
    8%
    JohnKspoofilyjGERMAN ROCKSall_smilzkingtuttommmy1979 6 votes
    What I want to do is not in the list so I'll post it instead.
    8%
    deRangedJohnKmik_da_manrun_Forrest_runall_smilzDob74 6 votes
    I do not intend on attending any boards event.
    1%
    spoofilyj 1 vote

Comments

I imagine the timing on this isn't great to be honest, given the floods and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

RoverJames wrote: »
    I imagine the timing on this isn't great to be honest, given the floods and whatnot.

swimming;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Photo walk
    RoverJames wrote: »

Timing? No dates have been mentioned...it is just to guage what type of events people are into..I don't think the floods will put a damper on anyones interest in heading out.

Example - seems like the cinema is a popular choice so when I want to go (or someone else wants to go) to the cinema i'll / they'll post here and see who wants to tag along :)

Photo walk
    Only 5 voters? No-one else interested in becoming an active member of this forum? or even throwing a few ideas around...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Ice Skating
    Beach soccer. Rent out a gym and get a couple of tonnes of sand...would be class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'm down for lunch/dinner/coffee meetups.
    If people are on for saturday morning/evening photowalks I'm up for that too.

Photo walk
    I was thinking of organising a trip to Dublin / Galway for December...

Do some Christmas shopping, head out drinking, have dinner maybe sight seeing etc, leave Cork on a Friday evening and return Sunday afternoon kind of thing... maybe try and organise a few of the boardsies who live wherever we go to join us.

Any thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Shopping
    kingtut wrote: »
    Only 5 voters? No-one else interested in becoming an active member of this forum?

Every time something is organised I seem to be on the weekend shift, so I've given up :(

Photo walk
    Not all outings are on weekends though...in fact most have been midweek. Usually a number of dates are chosen and which ever date is most popular is the runner.

How about posting a few suggestions yourself and see who is available mid week to try them out? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I've just put a suggestion on the social outings thread. art and lunch, something a little different :)

• Advertisement

Photo walk
    deRanged wrote: »
    I've just put a suggestion on the social outings thread. art and lunch, something a little different :)

Good man, hopefully others will follow your lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

i used to play basketball when i was younger, was never much good but it'd be fun to play a sport again? I dont know where it could be done....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Photo walk
    it's 8-8 now in the battle between drinks and cinema cos of me.. prefer going to the cinema on my own. Thursday nights are good for me except this thursday :o.. road trip sounds good too bbut won't have time for that till the hols. Basketball sounds interesting.. what about tennis?

T

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

9-9 now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭tommmy1979

Photo walk
    10-10 jeesus i'd murder a pint of guinness

Photo walk
    Wow 18 voters so far! Hopefully more to come.

11 votes for beer, 10 for the cinema very close!
    Remember the poll is simply to gauge what people are interested in and will help us determine what events would be worth doing in the future...

If the poll is missing something then why not post and tell us what it is, don't be shy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭save_our_socks

Lunch
    Once I have money Im game! Stupid Xmas present shopping leaving me broke!

Photo walk
    20 voters....A lot of the regulars at our meetups have not voted, I wonder where they have all gone :eek:

Christmas next month so I'll set-up a thread shortly with what dates suit people for a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Cinema
    Since there are alot of people who voted that are newbies, make it drinks....not like anyone will be able to talk in the cinema!!!

Photo walk
    Since there are alot of people who voted that are newbies, make it drinks....not like anyone will be able to talk in the cinema!!!

The poll is just to guage what stuff people would like to do which is mostly drink and watch movies at the moment. Yes you cannot talk in the cinema but you can do stuff before hand and also chat about the movie afterwards (great topic of conversation for people struggling to contribute!). We have had both beers and cinema trips before and both seemed to work out ok. Remember, any event can be followed by a few drinks ;)

I'll be setting up a christmas beers thread shortly, and next will prob be a cinema trip.

Poll is up - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055751738

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

I'm up for anything.

Advertisement