Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Critical Unraveling

Options
  • 23-11-2009 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

While the actual data only applies to US society (apart from the global warming stuff), I think this underlines trends in pretty much every Western society, the States being worst affected due to its having the greatest levels of inequality and lack of a support net when things go pear shaped.

Think everyone should see this and have access to the information. Im slowly reading through the whole thing, bookmarking links as I go. Only on the global warming bit now, so I have no idea what kind of solution (if any) will be proposed.

Here ye go: http://ampedstatus.com/the-critical-unraveling-of-us-society

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Read a bit like a sermon, "I'll bring you down, then offer a vision of hope so you believe in what I'm saying." That said I agree with a lot of what was in there, the government and corporations are against us as a cartel bit, I'm a bit skeptical of, yes they are but not necessarily in a conspiratorial way, they're just idiots, screwing everything to get a quick buck, although given the CIA holocaust, the holocaust, the Rwandan genocide and countless other examples of human evil throughout the bloody and mostly irredeemable history of our species, I'm open to the possibility that there is a concerted effort to destroy the middle classes, and every other class in between. I would be genuinely surprised if there were a sort of class revolution in America, or anywhere in the West. There would have to be prolonged mass starvation or something comparable for it to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭pagancornflake

Thanks a million Joyce, I needed this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

Haha, check this out. It seems as if google doesnt want you to see the article...

http://ampedstatus.com/google-blocks-ampedstatus-report-from-search-results

just saw this now when i clicked on the article again after reading the last reply. WTF

Edit: now that i think about it its probably not actually google, but still

Advertisement