Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Sage / VAT now in trouble - I think

Options
  • 23-11-2009 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can't really go into all the details, but I have just twigged that we have not claimed VAT on any lease agreements for the last year or any petty cash payments due to the way the system is set up in SAGE.

I didn't set it up the accountant did, but I am afraid, could I be fired for this even though it is an honest mistake. I informed my boss immediately and we have to go through how much we haven't claimed, with is about 7k.

When I took this job I got 2 days training and there are loads of issues that I have repeatedly explained I need further training is sage as I am not happy with the level of knowledge I have.

But the question I have is can I get fired for this ?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated I am worried sick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

I don't think you have anything to worry about.
    You noticed a problem with the company and brought it up straight away, any blame would rest on the accountants shoulders imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I wouldn't worry about it - it'll be a nice refund for your employer, he'll be delighted to have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Agree with above, and it could be worse, it could be 7k you owe the taxman!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all,

Well it could have gone better. They understand and appreciate it was highlighted, but want to know why it wasn't spotted earlier and now have complete doubts on my ability, which I too am starting to have.

Is there a Sage expert out there I can ask a quick question through PM and explain what is going on... I am feeling very insecure right about now.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Ring Sage Support directly on 1890-946771.

I hope it works out for ya.

• Advertisement
Advertisement