Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rome & Sicily

• 23-11-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Heading to rome for 4 days, is it possible to squeeze in sicily for a day trip.
    any recommendations for things to do in rome.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

thanks.

Depends.

I have visited both locations and I can tell you that Rome has a huge amount to see and do there.
    Unless you're really interested in going to Sicily there is no point - given that your trip is only 4 days in total.

Unless you plan to fly to Sicily, it wll take you approx 3 hours to drive/rail down to Messina.
    And let me tell you driving in Italy is a hair raising experience!

So you're talking at least a 6 hour round trip : to see Messina.

Unless you have a real reason to travel to Messina, i would not bother given the duration of this trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Sicily is a long trip from Rome. Not a day trip - especially as you have such little time. Rome will keep you busy for four days, no problem.

Paizza Navona
    Colloseum
    Bocca della Verita
    Trevi fountain
    Fontana Tritone
    Forum
    St Peters
    Castel Sant'angelo
    Ostia Antica
    Via Appia Antica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

thanks.

From Rome to Sicily and back is about 1,300 miles so Id say its nigh on impossible to take the 2 of them in in a 4 day trip unless you want to spend it in a car.

Rome has enough to keep you busy for 4 days :D
    Enjoy

Try Sorrento, pompey or capri for a day trip if you have to.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

From Rome to Sicily and back is about 1,300 miles so Id say its nigh on impossible to take the 2 of them in in a 4 day trip unless you want to spend it in a car.

Rome has enough to keep you busy for 4 days :D
    Enjoy

Try Sorrento, pompey or capri for a day trip if you have to.....

I drove from Rome to Sorrento (via Naples).
    Dreadful experience (the driving).
    Sorrento and the Amalfi coast are lovely and well worth the trip though.

How far further is Messina from Sorrento (couple of hours drive??).

Advertisement