Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions to Garrycastle GAA Sports Complex

• 23-11-2009 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi

Don't know Athlone very well. Have exams this week in Garrycastle GAA sports complex, but don't really know how to get there.
    Can't find good directions on web at all!

Please give me good detailed directions from Dublin Road.

Thanks!!!

also, is there a lot of parking spaces free at lunch time?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,642 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Where is your starting point?

I'll assume though your at the college, so, starting out at the college, drive up the road at the roundabout between the 2 campus' (kind of up the road to take you to the student car park/sports fields etc). Carry on along this road and go out over the humpback railway bridge. Once over that, a Spar shop is on your left. Nearly directly opposite it, there's a road up the right. This takes you into Garrycastle. the GAA grounds are half way up this road on your left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Flat2dmat

sorry, don't go to college there (exams are not connected to the IT).

so from McDonalds at the roundabout coming in from Dublin road, do I just take the first exit (towards the college), then follow the directions above?

Thanks

OK.

From McDonalds, drive in along the road towards the college and go right at the first roundabout. This is the road mentioned above and will bring you to the bridge

Thanks.

anyone know if I should expect to have any hassle finding a parking space?

also, judging by directions, time to allow from McDonalds - 5 minutes?

• Advertisement

5 minutes is plenty. And there'll be plenty of parking around it. I wouldn't worry too much about that

Good luck in the exam

Thanks a mill for all your help!

just have studying to worry about now - not good!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

ah - a fellow Cima head. Plenty of car parking in the gaa club. It can be quite cold in the hall. make sure you're well wrapped up. it's not in a class room. i'll be there myself doing the exams.

good luck with them!

the directions are on your admission advice!!! i guess you hadn't printed it off at the time. don't forget it!

hoping the road up there isn't flooded now...would not be fun driving!!

• Advertisement

Ah no. It has never flooded out there. Although there's a first time for everything! It'll be fine.

Not a fear of that

Advertisement