Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Composite Boards & UFH

• 23-11-2009 1:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hi....Quick question for the experts

I am applying Composite Board (50mm insulation + 12.5mm Board) to the external facing internal walls of a new build with UFH.
    The finished floor is obviously not yet poured and I plan to use Perimeter strip insulation when insulating and pouring the screed..

So, do you install the Composite board down to the ground level (i.e. below eventual finished floor level) when installing this now?
    Assuming so, then when pouring the screed, the perimeter insulation around the walls will run from the ground up the side of the walls up to the top of the screed?

Does this sound ok?
    thanks for the help in advance..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

why don't you use the composite board as your ufh perimeter insulation by running it all the way down to the subfloor level?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Hi Bmm

I am planning on running the Composite board down to sub floor level as it is easier to do this as I am installing the Composite board now...

My question really is whether this is ok....Do you not still need floor perimeter insulation to avoid the floor screed coming in contact with the plaster board finish itself..???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

I put in edge insulation and the incompetent cowboy who poured my finish concrete floor over the ufh, ripped out my edge insulation because he said it prevented him chalking the walls to get his levels. I ended up having to use rough timber as edge insulation. It's these kind of cowboys you are up against.

Your composite board would be perfect for chalking and will prevent any cold bridging. Nuf said...

Advertisement