Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryanair €2 all-in seat sale (starting midnight tonight!)

• 23-11-2009 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Just a heads up.. news story!
    Ryanair has announced that from midnight on Monday, November 23, it will release 250,000 Christmas seats for €2 each for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in late December.

These €2 'all-in' fares will be available on over 500 of Ryanair’s European routes but must be booked on www.ryanair.com before midnight Thursday Nov 26.

Ryanair’s €2 Christmas seat sale includes all taxes and charges.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

So €2 plus the booking fee I assume? Unless of course you use Entropy?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

madmoe wrote: »
    So €2 plus the booking fee I assume? Unless of course you use Entropay?
    Correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

cheers for the heads up!!

Hopefully get away for couple days with the misses!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭peustace

Can someone explain Entropay please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

peustace wrote: »
    Can someone explain Entropay please?

just do a quick search for it, loads of pages on here explaining it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭deisemum

Thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Great timing I need to get to Berlin for Xmas/New years and the flights are ~200€ each way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tony Almeida

Are you going to Berlin for NYE?

Can you recommend a cheap hotel for me and the missus? Students, no money etc etc but i'd like to take her away.

No I'm just trying to travel over at fecking xmas...

Thu, 24 Dec 09
    from
    199.99 EUR

Can you recommend a cheap hotel for me and the missus? Students, no money etc etc but i'd like to take her away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Flippyflop

On the Ryanair website now cant seem to see this offer??:confused:

Sorry found them !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Dont see anything either! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

Flippyflop wrote: »
    Sorry found them !!!

Where, cant find them either.. Got a direct link pleeeeez? :o

Elliee wrote: »
    Dont see anything either! :rolleyes:

I was looking for shannon to Paris didnt find any in December but they are available for January ! Not sure about other routes..

*/ Clears cache, F5, Clears cache, F5...... */

Still has not been updated :/

Something not right here methinks. It only shows €4 flights one way and the rest are €12.00 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I spotted a few myself.. but it's currently returning no flights for whatever I put in!

:confused:

Ryanair can never handle bursts of high-traffic in their sales!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

I can see cheap flights at the end of january (middle half) but nothing for end of december.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

Only €2 I've found so far is Eindhoven - Dublin Jan 14th. And a few the week after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

hmm.. december to feb..
    cork glasgow and liverpool 4 euro return monday to thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

PM me - too tired to do it now!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

basquille wrote: »
    Just a heads up.. news story!

By the look of it the 2 should be £2 and not €2 as the Ryanair site shows €4 one way so either they have misled customers or the quote was misread. Still cant find any of these European flights though... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 snowy1234

ALOT OF MESSING....TRYING TO FIND ANY OF THE CHEAPER FLIGHTS....THINKS ME IS GOING TO GO TO ME BED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Got a 10€ one to Dublin ... but can only get back for a bout 50€!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

A waste of time...nothing in Late december.As advertised. Anyway good night folks.

Load of my hole! €2 fares do not exist so someone was talking ****e. :rolleyes:

Load of my hole! €2 fares do not exist so someone was talking ****e. :rolleyes:
    Nah.. they definitely exist..

picture1zr.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

Load of €2 coming back from Brussels, Oslo, Eindhoven in January. Might have to pay €12 to get there but €14 all in not too shabby.

Alyosha wrote: »
    Load of €2 coming back from Brussels, Oslo, Eindhoven in January. Might have to pay €12 to get there but €14 all in not too shabby.
    Same for Paris!

From what I've seen.. most €2 fares have been the end of January return flights.

Those fares are fairly sparse on outward flights... and even moreso on outward flights outside of the end of January.

• Advertisement

Sorry but its still a scam, there are nothing like the 500 European destinations that their link suggested and that in my opinion is a farce.

I give up. Night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Saved me a packed with my christmas flights home. 24euro all in for a return flight from eindhoven to dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Base

Sorry but its still a scam, there are nothing like the 500 European destinations that their link suggested and that in my opinion is a farce.

It's a scam and farce that they don't have 500 destinations out of Dublin is that it? You shouldn't have bothered trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

The offer mentioned in the press release (€2, Tue-Thu, late December) seems to be completely different to the offer currently advertised on the main page of the site (€4, Mon-Sun, mid-Dec to late Feb).

From Irish airports, the €4 seats in the latter are only to Cork, Glasgow and Liverpool. The UK site has the same offer for £2, with a lot more locations. The French, German, Italian and Belgian sites also have the latter offer, with multiple destinations from €2.

So it looks like €2 fares are available, just not from Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

MOH wrote: »
    The offer mentioned in the press release (€2, Tue-Thu, late December) seems to be completely different to the offer currently advertised on the main page of the site (€4, Mon-Sun, mid-Dec to late Feb).

From Irish airports, the €4 seats in the latter are only to Cork, Glasgow and Liverpool. The UK site has the same offer for £2, with a lot more locations. The French, German, Italian and Belgian sites also have the latter offer, with multiple destinations from €2.

So it looks like €2 fares are available, just not from Ireland.

I've booked €2 fares, shannon to stansted dec 17th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

The €4 flights are only available from Irish airports to other airports where the distance of the flight is less than 300km. This is because the Government charges a €2 departure tax on flights below that distance and a €10 departure tax on flights beyond 300km - this was brought in in the last budget.

Ryanair has a problem with the tax and is seriously curtailing flights and increasing prices from Ireland to try and force the Government's hand. They aren't exactly doing it secretly and it isn't a scam, they have some sort of a sale across all of their 500 routes, not 500 routes from Dublin.

It is interesting though that they have no problem with the UK departure tax which is pretty much as high.

No scam though, just spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I give up. Night.

500 routes, not destinations.

blah blah blah

Listen! If Smyths said they were having a sale on Xbox 360's and were selling them for €2 you could expect to walk into the store (under stampede granted :D) and see the Xbox's for €2. Ryanair say they are having a €2 all-in seat sale yet every city I tried to find a cheap seat for brought me back ridiculous prices from €69.99 to over €159, now face the facts there is either a sale on or there isn't and in their case it's the latter. On top of which their website shows €4 one way, not €2 all-in as was advertised read the feckin thing yourself will ya before you come on here preaching about my typos... :rolleyes:

What can you see out your Ryanair office window today anyhow? :pac:

not €2 all-in as was advertised read the feckin thing yourself will ya before you come on here preaching about my typos... :rolleyes:
    Did you see my screenshot on the on the previous page? There was plenty of €2 all-in flights for the route I was checking (Paris) anyways.
    n]What can you see out your Ryanair office window today anyhow? :pac:
    Let's not start daft accusations too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

There are 2 quid flights all over the site. Nowhere does it state they are all to/from Dublin in the offer.

Ryanair do operate out of airports outside of Ireland too ya know!

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

a lot of people here can write but can't read, it's extraordinary.

• Advertisement

If Smyths said they were having a sale on Xbox 360's and were selling them for €2

Smyths wouldn't sell Xboxs for €2, Ryanair do sell flights for €2 (even out of the centre of the world, Dublin would you believe).
    yet every city I tried to find a cheap seat for brought me back ridiculous prices from €69.99 to over €159

These aren't ridiculous prices.

Back on topic, there are still quite a few €2 seats out of Dublin as long as you're able to travel on Tuesday or Wednesday and aren't expecting to get to Gran Canaria.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

Base wrote: »
    Smyths wouldn't sell Xboxs for €2, Ryanair do sell flights for €2 (even out of the centre of the world, Dublin would you believe).

These aren't ridiculous prices.

Back on topic, there are still quite a few €2 seats out of Dublin as long as you're able to travel on Tuesday or Wednesday and aren't expecting to get to Gran Canaria.

ya but it involves effort, clicking a mouse, reading some writing, moving your hand. too much for some people, it's easier to go on a messageboard and whine.

Got myself couple of flights to Rome and back for 25quid - crackin value. Off to london this weekend for 2cents and again december. cursed ryanair. :) there's a lot of one and two euro flights to Britain, bit of effort you can fly to europe via england for peanuts as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

blah blah blah

Listen! If Smyths said they were having a sale on Xbox 360's and were selling them for €2 you could expect to walk into the store (under stampede granted :D) and see the Xbox's for €2. Ryanair say they are having a €2 all-in seat sale yet every city I tried to find a cheap seat for brought me back ridiculous prices from €69.99 to over €159, now face the facts there is either a sale on or there isn't and in their case it's the latter. On top of which their website shows €4 one way, not €2 all-in as was advertised read the feckin thing yourself will ya before you come on here preaching about my typos... :rolleyes:

Blah blah blah

If Smyth's were a large international store and posted a press release stating that they were selling Xbox 360s in over 50 stores, without specifying which stores/countries the offer applied in, and you could get them for €2 all over Europe, we'd still have people on here saying the offer was a sham just cos their local store was one of the ones included. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭glanman

You will find loads of cheap hotels on any of the hotel sites but try http://www.splendia.com/ for interesting places, you might find a bargain too. I'm staying in the Q!, pretty soon, which looks very cool and is working out as €105 a night for 2, without breakfast which I don't think is bad value!

Link to the hotel, http://www.loock-hotels.com/ and click on Q! Be warned there is an arty intro;)

That's me told so :rolleyes:

I take it all back Ryanair are the best thing since sliced bread

I take it all back Ryanair are the best thing since sliced bread

When did this become about loving Ryanair? This is a Bargain Alerts thread and I personally feel flights for €2, €4 or even €12 are a bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

+1. I'm flying Shannon/Bristol for €14 return (that's €12 out and €2 back), on a weekend to boot.
    A single train fare from Limerick to Dublin costs twice that.
    (but of course is worth every penny.... :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

blah blah blah

Well no it would be like Smyths in Limerick saying come in on Thursday between 2 and 4 and we will have xboxes for 2 euro.

You turn up on Friday at 7 in Dublin branch saying its a scam because they dont have an xbox for 2 euro for you.

Base wrote: »
    When did this become about loving Ryanair? This is a Bargain Alerts thread and I personally feel flights for €2, €4 or even €12 are a bargain!

Where did I mention the word "love" in my sentence Mr Trolly Mc Troller?? I see your only input to this thread so far has been to repremand me for my feelings about them. Your shares are safe! :rolleyes:

Well no it would be like Smyths in Limerick saying come in on Thursday between 2 and 4 and we will have xboxes for 2 euro.

You turn up on Friday at 7 in Dublin branch saying its a scam because they dont have an xbox for 2 euro for you.

Listen Rev I was on their site before the offer even came available (not the day after as you suggest, try reading the whole thread.. :rolleyes:) and searched routes for an hour and found none to destinations I looked under, they are the facts. Great that you have so much time to come on and whine at me like the rest have done. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement