Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems upgrading to Gold Membership

• 23-11-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hey guys, I bought a 12 + 1 month Gold membership card for Xbox Live yesterday. Unfortunately when I tried to redeem the code on my Xbox, it came up with an error saying 'Status code:8016a04b'. I then tried redeeming the code on xbox.com on my computer and its saying 'An error has occurred during the transaction. Please try again later.'
    I've been trying this now since yesterday and still cannot upgrade to gold. I've searched the forums here and elsewhere and from what I can see, this issue does crop up now and again. Unfortunately I haven't come across anyone with a definitive solution to the problem.
    Would anyone have any idea on what's happening here, as I'm stuck at the moment and cannot play online until I get this sorted. Any help would be appreciated guys, thanks.

p.s. I tried the official Xbox forums already, but nobody is any help there unfortunately.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I hope you didnt buy an american/asian card?

That could be your problem, they are region-locked as far as I know....

Ring Xbox, 1800509186

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭scunermac

Nope, its an irish one, bought in Dundrum shopping centre. No idea what is happening. Its so frustrating. Is that number the Irish contact number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

It is indeed, dunno if you can ring it from a mobile, maybe a landline?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Anibal5

prepaid things only work if;

the gamertag is associated with the country which the prepaid card has come from, you can change the gamertag details anytime

if you have been gold before on that account you may not be able to update unless you remove direct debit first but usually cannot remove the card details .... its a MS thing

i had troubles with an AU box I brought over with me to ireland
    finally solved it by making a new account via computer and making
    the account live in ireland, then porting it into the xbox and using the card

hope MS can help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

this happened me ilet my gold membership run out and dident renew for 4 to 6months.when i went to renew to upgrade again i coulent.rang ms got some dude with very little english who tried a few things but i ended up having to get a new account which pissd me off as i had a of achivements and good points.he said mey old account had come corrupt due to inactivey its a real pain in the balls

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Komplett: Marc

Sorry not to be able to be more help, but I was told when I encountered the same issue that it was a conflict between the region of the Live gamertag and the card :(

Thanks for your info. I have heard this theory before alright, but it cannot be the case. I bought the card in Dublin and my Xbox was bought and registered here in Ireland aswell. I'm really stumped on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Simeadrach

Had the same prob meself too, I rang the Microsoft support line and even they couldn't figure it out.

They are gonna look into it and call me back by tomorrow morning.

Anybody figure out how to sort this out yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭iMac Hunt

This happened to me too when I tried to redeem Microsoft Points to download Lost and the Damned. I rang tech support and the guy said I couldn't redeem them because the hotmail account I used when I was creating my GamerTag was registered to a US address (I remembered years ago changing the address on my hotmail as american users got a larger inbox than europeans). Anyways he just told me to create a new GamerTag (you can create four per Xbox) and redeem using the new GamerTag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I always get that bloody error when entering codes, go the the xbox web site and do it, after you log on to the site go to the market place you'll see redeem code there somewhere.

• Advertisement

Simeadrach wrote: »
    Had the same prob meself too, I rang the Microsoft support line and even they couldn't figure it out.

Cool, can you keep me updated on any news regarding this. I'm still stuck with a useless 12 month subscription card. Cheers

Simeadrach wrote: »

Well did you hear anything from Microsoft after?
    Are you still having the same problem? I am, :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37 youlooksilly

if you bought it in a shop bring it back and exchange it for a new one .it happened with a 12+1 membership for me and a different one worked . dont bother ringing up microsoft ypu'll be hours on the phone to them [4 hours to be precise] it saves time honestly:D

Advertisement