Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everything on screen tiny!

• 23-11-2009 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭

My hard drive crashed on my work computer last week and just got a new one installed today. However, everything is now really small on my screen. I've tried lowering the resolution and the size is then right but everything is slightly blurred. Have tried just increasing the font sizes but it's still not the way it was before. Windows XP btw.

Also, my @ has changed to " and vice versa, like on a mac! Is there a way of changing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

The @ and " mixup is because of the US-UK keyboard layout changes. You would probably be best contacting your Local It in work to get this sorted. As it is a work pc you may not have the privelidges to change any of this yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You probably went from 1024 to something like 1440 resolution. Don't worry you'll get used to it in no time. Reason for blurring is that the screen is optimised for a certain resolution and doesn't handle others as well.

Try the Regional and Language options in the Control Panel to set them to Ireland.

As Anti said, you can always ask the IT people to help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

We don't have IT people in work! Very small company, we had an external guy but his business folded and we haven't had anyone in over a year. Have a new guy coming in on Friday so going to ask him can he do anything about the screen. Finding it very difficult to work with this resolution!

Changed the language settings but hasn't changed. Cheers for replies anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Its the keyboard settings you need to change from US to UK layout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

@ "....excellent, cheers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

I've seen similar to this before. See if the monitor is listed as a generic Plug and Play monitor or if it actually recognises the monitor model. Installing the right driver has helped before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

check in the appearance tab (right click desktop and properties). Try change the scheme in there. What difference DOES it make when you change res.

What res have you got available.

Just a theory...but if the guy who reinstalled your hard drive (and set up your pc again i assume) couldn't find the proper video drivers then everything would be stuck at a low res. So he changes it in themes to make everything look smaller. Now when the res goes back up to normal and is changed everything is still tiny. Just a wild speculation.

Advertisement