Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheepskin Mittens

Options
  • 23-11-2009 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Basically I'm looking for a pair of sheepskin mittens to replace a pair stolen from my wife about 2 weeks ago. Have had no joy whatsoever trying to track down a pair. Any ideas on where to buy them would be greatfully appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Last time I noticed sheepskin mittens was in one of those wool & tweed shops on Nassau Street a couple of years ago. Sorry for being vague. Do they have to be sheepskin or are you looking for something practicle? Golf shops and outdoor shops are all carrying stocks of winter mittens (warm & waterproof) at the moment.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, looking specifically for sheepskin ones. Have tried all the shops on nassau street and the woollen mills on liffey street but no joy. Someone had mentioned 'The Sheepskin Shop' but it seems as though they've all closed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

You could try http://www.celtic-sheepskin.co.uk/ online. I haven't used them myself but I've heard others praising them.

I saw Ugg-brand sheepskin accessories in Brown Thomas too the other day; there might have been gloves amongst them. That was in Cork but they probably have the same stuff in Dublin or on BT2 in Dublin. They're probably way over-priced though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Thanks simu, great site but would like to get a pair which were made in Ireland if possible. Also, while overpriced, it was from BT that they were stolen so I'm loathe to buy a pair there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stevio666

Any updates on this thread as I've been looking for a pair of female sheepskin mittens as well. I was all over Dublin / Brown Thomas, M & S etc today and found nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I saw some in Clearys on Saturday. A few paces in the main door and on the right. Lots of gloves and amongst them are some sheepskin.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stevio666

Cheers for the replys but I'm a bit dodgy for ebay as I wonder about delivery before Christmas. Wish I could just find a shop and walk in and buy. What do you think?

On a side note also looking for a female cashmere cardigans.

Advertisement