Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to lay floor insulation? (DIY Style)

• 23-11-2009 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭

I am going to lay the floor insulation in my garage myself.

Firstly I have swept and Vacumed up as much debris and dust as possible. So what are the next steps?

1. Set the Insulation Perimeter.
    2. Lay the plastic covering and bringe well above finished floor level.
    3. Lay Insulation
    4. Tape all joints and ensure it's fitted tightly.
    5. Vacum up an dust or debris from the insulation and prepare for underfloor.

I think I may have these steps mixed up, the plastic that I am planning on using is 1200 guage (not sure if this is right). Was hoping to get pointers on this so I can ensure I do it right.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

what floor insulation are you putting in ? please say Kingspan TF70 or better - if its that white stuff throw it out - waste of time.
    Also what are planning to do with the garage later?
    In a normal floor steel mesh is placed using risers on top of the insulation to add additional strength.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭ninjaBob

I am using 125mm Xtraterm XTUF with Tongue & Groove so the floor UValue will be .15 or below.

I am trying to treat the garage as another room to the house to ensure that everything is done right. I wasn't aware that I should put steel on risers ontop of the insulation.

I am using underfloor which will be on tracks, how does this work with the steel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jhonesandrew1

Installing floor insulation will save your money on heating and cooling costs! [http://www.doityourself.com/stry/installing-floor-insulation-under-the-floor] website will help to suggest you some more information!

Advertisement