Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moiré on a Canoscan 8800f

• 23-11-2009 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Finally got around to using this after being given one for my birthday in August.:o

Great machine, but moiré is very visible, especially on dark clothing. If I untick 'unsharp mask' in the scanning software it lessens it, but softens the photo being scanned considerably. Scanning a a higher resolution that 300dpi makes no difference.

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Freddie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Freddie59 wrote: »
    Finally got around to using this after being given one for my birthday in August.:o

Great machine, but moiré is very visible, especially on dark clothing. If I untick 'unsharp mask' in the scanning software it lessens it, but softens the photo being scanned considerably. Scanning a a higher resolution that 300dpi makes no difference.

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Freddie.

Can the 8800 scan negatives ? Probably a better idea than scanning the prints. The prints are printed (probably at 300 DPI) from scans of the negatives already so scanning them AGAIN probably won't really result in stellar quality. Scanning the negatives on the other hand should be a better bet, even if the 8800 as a flatbed isn't really the best in this regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Can the 8800 scan negatives ? Probably a better idea than scanning the prints. The prints are printed (probably at 300 DPI) from scans of the negatives already so scanning them AGAIN probably won't really result in stellar quality. Scanning the negatives on the other hand should be a better bet, even if the 8800 as a flatbed isn't really the best in this regard.

Thanks Darren. Yes, it can do the negatives. However, for the prints concerned, I only have the photographs.:( I've got hundreds of negs to scan in.

Advertisement