Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limiting LAMP process resources

Options
  • 23-11-2009 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭

Not sure if I'm phrasing this correctly, but I'm working on a Magento shop at the moment on a dedicated server that I temporarily have the use of.
    When it's goes live, I'll be buying hosting for it.
    I know Magento can be a bit resource heavy, so I'm wondering if there's anything I can do in Apache or ubuntu to simulate the kind of resources the hosting will have, e.g. limit the amount of memory available to a process.
    I've other stuff running on the same box so I'd prefer something process specific rather than something that would affect the whole box.
    A quick google shows that nice might be what I need, but I can't find any detailed reference on this so not sure if it is, or indeed how I'd apply it to magento related requests only

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Actually, could a mod move this to O/S -> Unix? Prob better suited there

Advertisement