Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waste disposal - the gallops, leopardstown

Options
  • 23-11-2009 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi, What's the best/cheapest waste disposal company that operates in The Gallops? Checked Panda but seems to be quite expensive - 3.20 per collection + 0.2 per kilo. Is there any company that doesn't charge for weight? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

If you can transport it, it'd only cost you €20 to bring it to the dump on Ballyogan road: http://www.dublinwaste.ie/brp_opens.html

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lo0kash

thanks a lot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

p15574 wrote: »
    If you can transport it, it'd only cost you €20 to bring it to the dump on Ballyogan road: http://www.dublinwaste.ie/brp_opens.html

for a car. Jeep or trailer will cost you more.

panda are the cheapest of the operators i've encountered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

We are with Panda and i can't complain about them.

i worked it all out last year some time and although at the time Panda were the cheapest, the difference between the most expensive and the cheapest isn't really that much, unless you are throwing out tonnes of rubbish every week.

Well maybe they are cheapest, but in Kildare I was paying 25month for 140ltr bin collected every week, regardless the weight. And with Panda it's 23e month iirc. Plus weight charge. Transporting rubbish to the dump would be cheaper, just putting all that smelly stuff into a car is a bit of hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

lo0kash wrote: »
    Well maybe they are cheapest, but in Kildare I was paying 25month for 140ltr bin collected every week, regardless the weight. And with Panda it's 23e month iirc. Plus weight charge. Transporting rubbish to the dump would be cheaper, just putting all that smelly stuff into a car is a bit of hassle.

:eek: how much rubbish are you generating? Last house I was in cost us €35 every 2 months on average with Panda.

Green bin was full every week as so much can go into it, including glass which DLRCOCO don't do.

Yeh I made a mistake calculating Panda's monthly cost. Actually it's 12e and not 23e. Plus the weight charge.

Looks much better now :)

Thanks

Advertisement