If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

37" TV

Options
  • 23-11-2009 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi
    I am looking for a 37" TV and need some help as the choices are bewildering!
    I mainly will use the TV for watching sport (not in HD), I don't have any real need for net TV, MPEG capability etc, just need the basics.
    One key requirement is good sound, I would prefer not to have to use a soundbar or home cinema system, I've seen some Samsung TVs and the sound seemed pretty poor.
    If I can keep within budget I would probably go for 100htz.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Redsoxrule

Thanks for contacting us - I'm sure we can help.
    have a look at these two 37" LCD

The first, 37PFL5604H is the foundation of our range and is a 1080p Full HD 50Hz TV
    It uses the Pixel Plus HD image processor and has plenty of inputs including USB and VGA as you'll see from the spec's below.

www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl5604h_12/37pfl5604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

We are selling this TV for €649.99 in store at the moment

A little higher up the food chain you'll find the 37PFL8404H

This Tv has the more powerful Pixel Precise HD Image processor partnered up with a 100Hz Screen with a faster response time (3ms)
    It also has a higher contrast ratio of 80000:1

This TV also gives you Net TV and features Ambilight

This really is an excellent TV and has been a Boardie favourite, just seach this forum for praise that has been lavished on it:)

www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/37pfl8404h_12/37pfl8404h_12_pss_eng.pdf

We sell this TV for €899.99 in store.

Now as a Boardie you can use our 10% Philips Shop Boards Discount and save 10% off both the above prices on these TV's

Let me know which one interests you.
    If you call into the shop I can take you through both options.

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Redsoxrule

Thanks Ash
    I cannot get broadband so the NetTV functionality sin't a decider for me, i do like the ambilight and 100hrtz though.
    Do you think the 8 series is worth the extra if it will be pretty much just used for watching sports? Would the sound quality be copmparable on the 5 series?
    Could you give me a final quote for both options with a decent HDMI cable, do you deliver to Galway?

Hi Redsoxrule

Well the honest answer is YES, the 8404 will be better for sports.

It uses a better quality screen and superior image processing, not to mention the fact that its a faster responding screen backed up with 10Hz refresh rate.... So even if you don't use the Net TV function, the CORE image quality is better that the 5604H (I'm not putting the 5604H down, it IS a good TV but we do have better TV's instore....)

Sound wise whilst the spec is the same the 8404 egdes it here as well, its a cleaner sounding set.

Finally, Prices, these are AFTER your 10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount has been applied
    37PFL5604H €584.99
    Gold HDMI cable €29.99
    Courier €29.99
    TOTAL €644.97

37PFL8404H €809.99
    Gold HDMI cable €29.99
    Courier €29.99
    TOTAL €869.97

What do you think?
    If you keep TV's for a long time the 8404 is the one to go for...It will keep you happy many a year.

Oh I should mention, you get a 4 year warranty with the 8 series TV - Piece of mind!

Cheers
    Ash

OK, finally decided on the 37PFL5604H. Given i won't have the TV on the wall, don't have broadband and I don't have any HD inputs I makes most sense at the moment.
    I also apparently don't need the HDMI cable as it will just be hooked up to a standard Skybox.
    Could you give me a final price for it with a decent SCART cable plus delivery to Galway.
    How do I pay?

Thanks

Nicola on behalf of Ash

Hi Redsoxrule,

Prices, these are AFTER your 10% Philips Shop Boardies Discount has been applied
    37PFL5604H €584.99
    Gold SCART CABLE €17.99
    Courier €29.99
    TOTAL €632.97

You can give us a call instore with your mastercard or visa card details or you can email us on sales@philiosshop.ie . The goods would go to the billing address of the card. Give me a call and let me know what you think. PH: (01) 474 0788.

Thanks a million, Nicola.

• Advertisement

Thanks Nicola

How do i proceed with ordering?

Hi
    Spoke with Nicola yesterday about ordering a 37PFL5604H. Nicola told me they were out of stock but she would let me know when they would be available, just wondering if there is any update on when one would be available?
    Thanks

Hi Redsoxrule

I'll have the latest update on 37PFL5604H availability tomorrow am - i'll get back to you with the latest.

We do have a few folks with orders on these TV's at the moment so I'd recommend that you place your order asap and join the reserved list so as to avoid disappointment:)

These TV have been pretty popular over the last few weeks now, they go out as fast as we get 'em in...

cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.