Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the rules on Pay Cuts?

Options
  • 23-11-2009 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All, Just wondering how far can we be pushed? Since June, I was first asked to take a 20% pay cut which I agreed to on the basis that it would be reviewed after 3 months and increased if we as a company are doing better. The review never happened then about 6 weeks ago I was put down to 3 days plus a further smaller pay cut. Now it seems my boss is planning a further pay cut! He has advised me that if I find something else I should take it, but I know that would suite him as I have been with the company for 5 1/2 years and he would not have to pay me any redundancy. Unfortunately the company was very small when I started and I have no written contract of employement but surely I still have some rights? I can not afford another pay cut or reduction in hours! Anyone any ideas as to whether there is a limit on the amount of cuts we are asked to take? Or any other words of wisdom regarding my situation would be much appreciated :confused:

Comments

Advertisement