Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Queens Nightclub - Open / Closed

• 23-11-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering (due to an 18th hoping to be held there on Saturday night) will the Queens be open by Saturday? Know it's closed now but was wondering would they have it open by the weekend as they revenue they will be loosing will be huge specially after being closed so long for renovations!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'd say you should ring them. The water was very high around there on Thursday and Friday, so it's likely it'll be closed for another while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Thanks!!!! Poor Ennis... Hasn't been that bad since 98 but then again all flood plains have been built on since then!!!! Would be worse if it weren't for the work being done in the Parnell Car Park!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

According to their Facebook page they are back to normal this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

They should be open next weekend, was chatting to a guard who said the club was undamaged, but the gardai and emergency services didnt want 1500 people coming into town last weekend with all the roads flooded and the town still under a flood risk. So they asked the owners to stay shut.
    Could you imagine abbey street at 2.30am with all the people coming out of the queens, knox's etc to find abbey street flooded!!!
    It would be bedlam!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

That pretty much happened in Cork. Everyone went out Thursday night, and came home around three to find all of Western Road/Victoria Cross flooded. It wasn't bedlam from what I hear, it was a total laugh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Jay P wrote: »
    That pretty much happened in Cork. Everyone went out Thursday night, and came home around three to find all of Western Road/Victoria Cross flooded. It wasn't bedlam from what I hear, it was a total laugh!

One of the girls left the Engineering Ball, walked through the floods (don't know what she thought she would find when she got home to the Village on the Straight Road) and had 2ft of water in her house!!!!

Am surprised they closed!!! That's great that the are not flooded - the new place is kinda nice :):) Abbey St at 2.30am is bad enough normally with floods would equal total and utter madness!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Free in before 12.30 2moro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I am staying in Queens Hotel this weekend, how is Ennis faring up and do people thinks its still ok for us to travel down on Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It's fine now. They're still pumping water out of a couple of places but the streets are all clear and nothing around Queens got that badly hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

seany2929 wrote: »
    Free in before 12.30 2moro!
    It will be about €20 in over the christmas period, pack of robbing bastards. Dunno why people pay it...

• Advertisement

Yeah the hell with that. I've only been in there once, and that was a Thursday because it was free. You'd nearly get 4 pints of guinness for 15 euro so it's an easy choice to go to a late bar instead. Last few times I've been in Dublin I've gotten a good gig and a nightclub afterwards for 10 euro. Pints of Beamish were only €3.80 as well! They'd want to be offering a lot more than a DJ spinning chart music for that money. The town is in dire need of a competing nightclub to bring the price down.

How much are The Gasworks (or whatever it's called now) charging these days? Haven't been there in a couple of years. They did it up about a year ago didn't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

since when is the queens 15 euro? most I've ever been charged is 12 or 13 on a night like stephens or bank holiday sunday. And every year you get the same stupid rumour that its 20 quid over xmas, and guess what it never is.
    You can get in for less if you go earlier, i think its 7 euro before a certain time.
    Prices in galway and limerick are the same if not usually more.
    Of course a late bar is cheaper but if youre trying to score the queens is a better bet and it serves a bit later. I think it depends what age you are and what you want from youre night out.
    Most people i know these days dont even bother with a pub or else its just for one drink before the club, theyre too busy drinking cheap booze from the off licence at home and watching x factor on a sat night.
    I hate the bloody crap factor its ruining saturday night!!!

As for a competing nightclub, kearneys had its own crowd in the old days but you'd probably want a serious amount of money and a great location to really take on the queens since its been done up.... cant see it happening any time soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭croker95

Yeah the hell with that. I've only been in there once, and that was a Thursday because it was free. You'd nearly get 4 pints of guinness for 15 euro so it's an easy choice to go to a late bar instead. Last few times I've been in Dublin I've gotten a good gig and a nightclub afterwards for 10 euro. Pints of Beamish were only €3.80 as well! They'd want to be offering a lot more than a DJ spinning chart music for that money. The town is in dire need of a competing nightclub to bring the price down.

How much are The Gasworks (or whatever it's called now) charging these days? Haven't been there in a couple of years. They did it up about a year ago didn't they?

Jasus Blitz change the Record.....(Pun Intended);)
    The Coronas Tickets are priced at a tenner over christmas and I think that includes the Club. They are €23 everywhere else :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

10 euro for the coronas,their either taken a hit them selves to get them in/plus good p.r for club,or their not playing a full set.Is it a main night?

OK, I'll admit I've sounded like a broken record lately. But If there's one reason I fecking hate Queens it's that they're the only nightclub in the country that actively demands they take your coat off you. They've a nice smoking area. But it's December. I want to keep my coat and chill out with a pint and smoke cigarettes. But they absolutely will not let you keep your coat. It's ridiculous.

On a side note I was in O'Keefes for the first time last weekend and they've one of the best smoking areas in town. Lovely and sheltered in the middle of the town, no draught. It's like being in the pub itself.

/end rant.

Advertisement