Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i go from here

Options
  • 23-11-2009 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi, I just gotten my HC in computing from IT Tallaght - and now im looking to get a degree by doing a part time course in computing-

But i Dont know what be a good place to do a part time computing cousre that would following on from IT Tallaght, Im not really bussiness minded, and im more of a hands on type of person

So has any ideas what direction i could go in ?

Thanks

Somanynames 90

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

DIT offer some nightime IT bachelor courses, these two in particular

Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Computer & Communications Engineering

Bachelor of Technology in Computing

If you can get an entry level IT job like just doing tech support or whatever then you could go and do one of these courses while getting some experience. I've already got a HC as well so I'm probably going to go do the Bachelor of Technology in Computing next September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭somanynames90

Cheers Thanks - I seen one or two in IT B also i might have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 smorgan79

I think starting out on CompTIA Strata courses which are normally 2 days, and then moving on to CompTIA A+ and Network+ courses can help you to get entry level IT help desk support type of roles. Once you have experience in your hand then you can move on to MCSE type of courses/certifications.

CompTIA Strata courses are really basic and if you don't have any IT and software knowledge then you can enroll on this course.

Hope this helps and good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭somanynames90

Cheers - I worked In a help deskin before and now im in Local IT in a place in citywest - on the side im trying for the MCSA - networking/servers interest me a little bit

Thanks for the replys

Advertisement