Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Education (trust) fund

Options
  • 23-11-2009 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there,
    Just looking for some advice... I have a lump sum to invest for my younger brother (11) it's part of an inheritance left to him by our mother for his education so I need something that I can access easily for books/tours and the like and hopefully give some return at the same time, preferably without him being able to find out how much money is there or being able to access it himself. I've checked out a few places and have already gone through the rigmerole of getting him saving certs for the rest his inheritance with the post office and am now stumped when it comes to what I thought would be a relatively straightforward thing to sort out. Any idea's would be appreciated....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Are you talking about secondary education or 3rd level?

Have you any funds which are short notice or instant access?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jeda

well the plan would be for the money to take him through secondary and third level thats why it was kept separate from the rest of his inheritance as its for his education alone....

Advertisement