Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[C&C] Inanity on the Atlantic coast (no IR, safe to look!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

The second one is my favourite! The others seem a little bit... "flat"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

6 & 7: Class! Especially 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Quite like the third shot but as Joe said they seem fairly flat. Sort of snapshots tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

foto joe wrote: »
    The second one is my favourite! The others seem a little bit... "flat"?

That's exactly what I was aiming for. I wanted to celebrate those horrible childhood summer holidays at a west of Ireland 'resort.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Oh right, not a fan of Achill Island then! ;)

• Advertisement

The (far side of the) Aran Islands wouldn't be my first choice to take a holiday with a seven year old and an eight year old, but my parents had other notions. Different generations, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Valentia wrote: »
    6 & 7: Class! Especially 7.

i agree with Danny (again) - i like both of these - the other images do nothing for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

5 & 6 for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Borderfox wrote: »
    5 & 6 for me

+1 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭ColmDawson

I think #5 could be pretty good if you put a bit of life into the colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

3,5 and 6 for me but they need more work.

sheesh wrote: »
    3,5 and 6 for me but they need more work.

Define.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Fenster wrote: »
    Define.

Levels or curves in 3
    5 and 6 look good they way they are and need no more adjustment

Define.

well you asked so

to me 3 looks desaturated I would try to bring up the sharpness of the building as well. I would also be looking attempting a black and white conversion.
    and I'd also up the saturation in the other 2.

I loved 5 (the wide screen of the rough seas)

I just thought the land in 6 was dark.

But thats just me..

*puts on flame retardant suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

I like number 2

Number 3 would have been a nice shot if the sky was not so bleached out.
    I think that sky like that is common enough though this time of year. A lot of my recent shots with sky in them have had this issue. Not quite sure how you fix it in camera and I'd love to know how to sort it in CS4 as well.

sheesh wrote: »
    well you asked so

to me 3 looks desaturated I would try to bring up the sharpness of the building as well. I would also be looking attempting a black and white conversion.
    and I'd also up the saturation in the other 2.

I loved 5 (the wide screen of the rough seas)

I just thought the land in 6 was dark.

But thats just me..

*puts on flame retardant suit.

Oh no. I won't flame you. I was going to ask if you want a crack at it?

yep that would be great!

attachment.php?attachmentid=97307&stc=1&d=1259255427

I split the image into 3 areas
    the lower foreground the tiny bit of blue in the center and the rest of image I'm not sure if its better and I had to check to make sure that it was indeed different.

Looks flat.

Oh, granted, you processed the image to bring out the full tonal range of the ground and sky, but in the process you've lost what I've felt is a lot of the drama in the image: The sun bursting through clouds has been made into just a patch of blue sky, and the wet fields of Achill have become a morass of ugly sensor noise because you've pushed its exposure so high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Mark have you got the CR file? That's downloading as a TIFF. Might have a bash...

Edit - ok it *is* the raw :D

I'm assuming you don't mind me having a go? A lot of grey in it (which I suppose is the point) but I liked the cloudscape..

Five minute LR jobbie -

IMG_8324CR2.jpg

Hmmm.. photobucket seems to be saving it darker...

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

Couldn't resist:

4138227768_1ea078bbf4_o.jpg

Maybe a bit too much, but what the heck, ist friday:D

Looks flat.

Oh, granted, you processed the image to bring out the full tonal range of the ground and sky, but in the process you've lost what I've felt is a lot of the drama in the image: The sun bursting through clouds has been made into just a patch of blue sky, and the wet fields of Achill have become a morass of ugly sensor noise because you've pushed its exposure so high.

I put as much depth as i could. the blue present in the original image. the problem as I saw it was that while you had captured the blue sky the foreground was very dark as a result which resulted in me describing unfinished. My solution was to create 3 jpegs at -1 0 and 2 levels of exposure I used the foreground from the 2 exposure the blue sky was taken from the minus one and the rest of the image is from the zero level jpeg. I did not think the bright area in the center of the image was the sun but a clearing in the cloud and that blue sky could seen in it not the sun.

Advertisement