Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Wacom?

Options
  • 23-11-2009 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Need some advice. The other half is a graphic designer and i want to purchase a wacom for her.

What do people recommend from the following list and why?
    Is there much difference between intuos4 large and meduim apart from the working space size.
    I presume the intuos4 would be the better option. Is the large worth the extra money over the medium?

1. bamboo fun pen & touch M

2. intuos4 large

3. intuos4 meduim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

I bought option #1 recently and love it!
    I use it for my photographs but Im sure it would be great for graphic design too - might be a lil small - as the work area (were the pen is active) is a direct relation to the screen; but if you zoom up what you are working on on the screen it makes fine detail work easier!
    Im happy with my investment!

However if its her full time job; Im surprised she hasnt not already if she is - go with the bigger ones - she'll be delighted with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

I got an a5 wacom intuos 3 a while back and love it, I think a4 is too big, and I use a 24" screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Thanks for all the info.

She works with a 24" imac and sometimes on a 23" wide screen, so the medium A5 would give ample working space?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

they all adjust to your screen resolution, or you can specify a work area. I find it fine, bought it before I had the 24" and had my doubts, but it works well. It's probably personal though, however I often hear people complain that the a4 is too big

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Yeah ive been reading up on the A5 vs the A4. Lots of people say the A4 gives you and arm workout.

Think ill go for the A5. Pixmania seem to have the best price for the A5 €332.90 and Komplett for the A4 €429

• Advertisement
Advertisement