Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ribena Drinkers Beware

Options
  • 23-11-2009 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Folks,

last week i purchased a 2 litre Ribena drink for something in the area of €4.30, with 100% free, across the top in a big yellow label. 2 days ago, i re-entered the same store and again seen the same sized bottle of Ribena with a big yellow label with 100% on the top of the bottle again, but couldn't find the price of it beside the stand. It was the last bottle, so i just grabbed it, cause i find they usually sell out pretty quick. So there i was thinking that i was getting the Ribena for roughly the same price as last week. But upon checking my receipt when i went home, i was charged €7 for it.
    As you can guess, i was disgusted, but it was completely my own fault as i didn't chack to see the price on the shelf.
    I went back in yesterday and tried to locate the price of it, but they were out of stock, surprisingly.

Anyway, upon returning home last night i examined the new bottle to last weeks one, and there was a slight difference. Underneath the 100% in this weeks bottle, had written "made from recycled plastic".

I was sick with myself for being such a fool, but how many other people are going to get fooled by this sham.. If i had poor sight, i'd have an excuse , but i dont, but there are people out there.

Anyway, you have been warned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ontheditch wrote: »
    Folks,

last week i purchased a 2 litre Ribena drink for something in the area of €4.30, with 100% free, across the top in a big yellow label. 2 days ago, i re-entered the same store and again seen the same sized bottle of Ribena with a big yellow label with 100% on the top of the bottle again, but couldn't find the price of it beside the stand. It was the last bottle, so i just grabbed it, cause i find they usually sell out pretty quick. So there i was thinking that i was getting the Ribena for roughly the same price as last week. But upon checking my receipt when i went home, i was charged €7 for it.
    As you can guess, i was disgusted, but it was completely my own fault as i didn't chack to see the price on the shelf.
    I went back in yesterday and tried to locate the price of it, but they were out of stock, surprisingly.

Anyway, upon returning home last night i examined the new bottle to last weeks one, and there was a slight difference. Underneath the 100% in this weeks bottle, had written "made from recycled plastic".

I was sick with myself for being such a fool, but how many other people are going to get fooled by this sham.. If i had poor sight, i'd have an excuse , but i dont, but there are people out there.

Anyway, you have been warned.

Did both bottles have the same bar code ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Its unfortunate but stores can change prices, its up to the consumer to avoid them if they abuse it. Not that they make it easy. I remember I went to buy Radox Bath Soak in a pharmacy before. It was 4.60. Went into the local Dunnes, it was 90cent.

That said is there not something where this can only be done once every certain number of days?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Name & shame the SHOP, not the product, I thought this thread was going to be about some scam ribena were pulling.

Advertisement