Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia GT240 makes no sense

Options
  • 23-11-2009 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

As far as I can see, its slower than a 9600GT, but priced the same as a 4770, 4850, and even GTS250, all of which are much faster..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Yup. Nvidia basically f*cked up this card. It was over-schedule, slower than it was supposed to be but seeing how far away Fermi is Nvidia had to release something.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dumbasses will still pull it off the shelf at best buy thinking its betterrer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

I still have an annoying hunch it will sell quite well. I think the number of people who don't know anything about graphics cards except for the name 'nVidia' far far outweighs those that do. I'd love to see sales figures for this thing.

They've had plenty of time and if they had got the performance of this thing just between 4850 and 4870 territory then it would've been a mass seller.

Advertisement