Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 year old Birthday party

Options
  • 23-11-2009 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm not sure where to post this,sorry if this is the wrong place,but i'm planning a birthday party for a 6 year old girl,and i'm clueless as to what music they like/know...I'm always suprised to hear her singing things such as The Noisettes,or Hannah Montana so it seems they know the music that's popular right now,ha see i'm hopeless

What kind of songs would be good for the playlist,i'm worried about her lack of friends in school and really want to impress her friends,you know? so far I have:
    Hannah Montana:hoedown Showdown
    The Noisettes:don't upset the rhythm

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 anle

At 6 they will be happy with whatever known tune you pick. Examples

1. I'm a Little Teapot
    2. Wheels on the Bus
    3. Where Is Thumbkin?
    4. Happy Birthday to You
    5. This Little Pig
    6. Mary Had a Little Lamb
    7. More We Get Together
    8. Skip to My Lou
    9. This Old Man
    10. Frère Jacques
    11. Monkeys on the Bed
    12. Engine Number Nine
    13. Down by the Station/Little Red Caboose Medley
    14. Peas Porridge Hot
    15. Ring Around the Rosy
    16. 7, 8, 9 Joke
    17. If You're Happy and You Know It
    18. Fuzzy Wuzzy
    19. Old MacDonald Had a Farm
    20. Baa Baa Black Sheep

These will make the kids comfortable and if they will feel good they will be impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mumto3

Mine love things like s club7,blackeyed peas,highschool musical songs,camp rock songs,grease songs,britney spears,cascada....happy,upbeat songs(obviasly you will need to check the blackeyed peas and cascada first to make sure the lyrics are suitable,but they generaly are.)
    examples of song below,similar to my daughters 7th birthday last mth.there were no complaints,and they all knew most of the songs!

aqua-barbie girl
    s club 7-dont stop moving
    miley cyrus-party in the usa
    blackeyed peas-i gotta feeling
    britney spears-oops i did it again
    pink-lets get this party started
    spicegirls-wannabe
    high school musical-were all in this together
    high s m-breaking free
    lady gaga-pokerface
    rhiana-umbrella
    greace megamix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭maryjane007

mumto3 wrote: »
    Mine love things like s club7,blackeyed peas,highschool musical songs,camp rock songs,grease songs,britney spears,cascada....happy,upbeat songs(obviasly you will need to check the blackeyed peas and cascada first to make sure the lyrics are suitable,but they generaly are.)
    examples of song below,similar to my daughters 7th birthday last mth.there were no complaints,and they all knew most of the songs!

aqua-barbie girl
    spicegirls-wannabe
    high s m-breaking free
    lady gaga-pokerface
    rhiana-umbrella
    greace megamix

+1 for these and lots of hannah montana and high school musical. i was helping out at a kids disco in the summer and all the little girls were hounding the dj for pop it lock it polka dot it...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

We've had disco parties the last 2 years now and her friends love them. We clear the sitting room of furniture, put some decorations up, not balloons, I link the laptop to the tv with media player playing the music so it looks real cool for them.

So the music is at the most recent one included, hannah montana miley cyrus, lady gaga, girls aloud, michael jackson, jls and a few top tens thrown in there. The kids went mad for michael jackson.

To top it off just before the party started I went to macdonalds and got 10 €1 hamburgers and 5 €2 nuggets, I placed a timed order at Dominos to deliver 4 pizzas, buy one get one free, kids loved the food, it was extra special for them and it still cost less than the usual part at around €90 including drinks and cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Its funny cos these wee little things know the words to all the music in the charts.... I have a 6yr old singing Poker face all the time - now she moved onto Take That lol

We planning 1 for January. Normally the summer one is bbq & bouncy castle but weather is so bad in Jan that we have hired a Magician... Not any old one - His website says he did all Pat Kennys girls partys & also the late late show. Hes been on westend & in Olympia so is only now back in circulation doing kids parties. He came as a recommendation so should be great - ( Get all the mammies impressed that you had Pat Kennys magician for the day lol). I normally panic over how to entertain them so thsi will take the pressure off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭MelissaLahive

mumto3 wrote: »

aqua-barbie girl
    spicegirls-wannabe
    high s m-breaking free
    lady gaga-pokerface
    rhiana-umbrella
    greace megamix

Thats a great list although you should ask your daughter what songs she would like played. Tell her that she is the party DJ and get her involved and you wont be disappointed. In that way you can also plan it together and gently nudge her towards picking the music her class mates like aswell

Advertisement