Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Projects (Higher Level)

Options
  • 23-11-2009 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi I'm sorry if there is a thread for this already I must have missed it. I am looking for ideas on what to do my project on as most of the appealing projects have been taken or are on the course. Can anyone recommend or link me a place with some useful information on something I can do my project on? Preferably WW2 or WW1 stuff but I'm not that fussed at this stage I just want to get it over and done with. If anyone has any ideas or anything please let me know. Also sorry if this is against the rules.

Thank you very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

Well I was going to go for "Michael Collins; Minister of Finance" before opting for the Panama Canal Treaty of 1977.

Some others I considered (I'm not sure what's actually on the WWI/II courses.. we did Cold War so won't venture into those eras)

* The Baader-Meinhoff Gang (great film and book called the Baader Meinhoff Complex).
    *Henry Kissinger & Triangular Diplomacy
    *Israeli-Egyptian Peace Accords
    *Operation Condor
    *Reagan's Invasion of Grenada

Other interesting topics I have heard:
    *Iran-Contra Affair
    *Blueshirts in Spanish Civil War

Also if you like WWI/II perhaps Churchill & Gallipoli might be interesting?

Hopefully one of the suggestions gives you some manner of idea :D

Advertisement