Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A 1960s Soviet mental institution?

• 23-11-2009 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Does anyone else think CIT resembles the above? I can't comment on the quality of the teaching(I don't attend), but the place isn't the prettiest that's for sure!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

everyone knows at this stage that the design of cit is actually a modified prison design , so your not that far off !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ThePirateGay

everyone knows at this stage that the design of cit is actually a modified prison design , so your not that far off !

I don't how effective Portakabins would be as prison cells.:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

A prison indeed, and a Norwegian one at that.

It's not the prettiest to look at, but I'm sure most of the lecturers are good.

Thankfully mine are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

aaronh007 wrote: »
    A prison indeed, and a Norwegian one at that.

It's not the prettiest to look at, but I'm sure most of the lecturers are good.

Thankfully mine are.

Horrible looking thing but sure it gets the job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ow2h7nft1me9i4

Inside the tourism building is really nice!
    But yeah, the rest is a little dated. Nobody really seems too bothered though.

• Advertisement

Inside the tourism building is really nice!
    But yeah, the rest is a little dated. Nobody really seems too bothered though.

Inside the tourism building is nice, because that's where they hold functions.

I must also say that the food in there is amazing, much props to the catering students. Brilliant job:D

I must also say that the food in there is amazing, much props to the catering students. Brilliant job:D

It's these type of courses which make the institution laughable, imo!:pac::o

It's these type of courses which make the institution laughable, imo!:pac::o

Why? You have to learn to be a chef somewhere..why not at a place that has good facilities for it?

Why? You have to learn to be a chef somewhere..why not at a place that has good facilities for it?

LOL A sandwich maker more like!:o

Just as laughable is the bar worker course!:pac:

CIT: Jokefactory!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Hey ThePirateGay are you a dropout or just bitter???? So far you've been trying to stir things in the CIT, UCC and ITT forums. Grow up!

• Advertisement

LOL A sandwich maker more like!:o

Just as laughable is the bar worker course!:pac:

CIT: Jokefactory!:p

If you went and saw the food they make you would understand.

You get a four-course meal, not a "sandwich"

And it's a bar manager course, much harder to do than your average bar worker.

Hey ThePirateGay are you a dropout or just bitter???? So far you've been trying to stir things in the CIT, UCC and ITT forums. Grow up!

Might have to use that ol' ignore button for the first time

If you went and saw the food they make you would understand.

You get a four-course meal, not a "sandwich"

And it's a bar manager course, much harder to do than your average bar worker.

Yeah, I'm sure they're well schooled in the utilisation of a microwave upon graduation.:o:pac:

'Bar manager' course? LOL, you really couldn't make it up; what next: a 'refuse technician' course?:pac:

Priceless!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Why not stop wasting money on stupid courses and invest in the engineering/construction department. The facilities for engineering students are a joke to say the least. Fancy saucepans aren't going to help us out of recession but a properly equipped mechanics lab might raise the quality of our engineers.

mooman wrote: »
    Why not stop wasting money on stupid courses and invest in the engineering/construction department. The facilities for engineering students are a joke to say the least. Fancy saucepans aren't going to help us out of recession but a properly equipped mechanics lab might raise the quality of our engineers.

Correct. Think how many new portakabins you could purchase if you decommissioned the pointless courses?:pac: I wouldn't be surprised is oompa loompa studies was on the CIT course-list.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Correct. Think how many new portakabins you could purchase if you decommissioned the pointless courses?:pac: I wouldn't be surprised is oompa loompa studies was on the CIT course-list.:o

Why would you purposely try to start trouble?

It may not be pretty to look at but in terms of lecturing staff CIT have some of the finest lecturers in the country...far better than the so called lecturers at the university where I'm completing my post grad. Also, in terms of the courses on offer and the number of honours degrees, masters and PhD's conferred each year, the college is of university standard.

The numbers applying through the CAO with CIT as their first choice each year are also increasing so they have to be doing something right.

So go crawl back into your hole and don't try to start arguments based on stupidity.

Why would you purposely try to start trouble?

It may not be pretty to look at but in terms of lecturing staff CIT have some of the finest lecturers in the country...far better than the so called lecturers at the university where I'm completing my post grad. Also, in terms of the courses on offer and the number of honours degrees, masters and PhD's conferred each year, the college is of university standard.

The numbers applying through the CAO with CIT as their first choice each year are also increasing so they have to be doing something right.

So go crawl back into your hole and don't try to start arguments based on stupidity.

Yeah, the lecturing facilities boast the most spacious and dynamic portakabins in the country.:pac:

CIT is also the most in-demand academic institution -- from council estate residents, that is!

This is highly amusing, I must say.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ow2h7nft1me9i4

He's been on the UCC forum too laughing at everyone thats apartments got ruined in floods. Horrible person Deserves to be banned. I'm proud to be training to be a chef in CIT :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I hope Your all aware that CIT is currently in the process of applying to be upgraded to a university !!!
    So dont anyone ever put it down it is good enough .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

That other poster is just pure ignorant and just looking to be immature. I presume his childlike criticisms towards UCC & CIT means he has never or could never get into either.

To clarify it does not matter what course you do in CIT, Electronic Engineering, Catering & Hospitality, Social Studies, Business, Computing; the college structures all courses to challenge and train every student. The courses are structured to give students a wide range of expertise, such as engineers studying management and business students studying IT subjects.

Every course requires hard work and commitment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

It's about time he was banned. I think he's made it his personal mission to get banned from as many edu. forums on boards as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭liberal

Some courses in CIT are excellent some are not, its the same in every college

The place does need a facelift, not a new sports stand or portraits of the dean :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Scien wrote: »
    You know what's amusing too? Banning you.

Kthxbai
    YYaaaaaaay
    About time too, anyway..........
    Jason Byrne did make a point last year that the student centre does look like a prison. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

It kind of reminds me a little of the ww2 (destroyed) German Tannenberg memorial in Poland

img21.jpg

Tannenberg_Reichsehrenmal2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

I took the top photo a few years back. Surprising to see it on some company website!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Master Bates

Morlar wrote: »
    It kind of reminds me a little of the ww2 (destroyed) German Tannenberg memorial in Poland

img21.jpg

Tannenberg_Reichsehrenmal2.jpg

That's slightly insulting to the Nazi architects, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

how do you get to sample said cuisine???

how do you get to sample said cuisine???

You have to book yourself in for a tenner. You might think its expensive but you get a fantastic four course meal for your money.

Very much well worth it

• Advertisement

sound, where do i do that? just in the building? how far ahead do i have to book?
    im thinking real world not student, so a tenner sounds very fair!!
    Cheers!

sound, where do i do that? just in the building? how far ahead do i have to book?
    im thinking real world not student, so a tenner sounds very fair!!
    Cheers!

Cant quite remember where to book, haven't been since last year but one of the lads in my class does it regularly for his parents so I'll ask him tomorrow.

Usually they can squeeze you in fairly sharpish so about a few days for booking.

Cool. Cheers, would love to check out the catering course aswell, this way i'll see what its like first hand!

Cool. Cheers, would love to check out the catering course aswell, this way i'll see what its like first hand!

Right, basically go in the main door of the Tourism and Catering Building and walk all the way down to the end and you'll come to a place where there's a stairs to the right. Go up and go through the double doors and tell the secretary person that you would like to book a place for the luncheon on whatever date you want to eat there, usually a week in advance I was told.

cheers for that,must def check it out.

Advertisement