Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Needing to charge a phone every day

• 23-11-2009 5:54pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is this normal?

I bought a Nokia E63 in September. It never had an amazing battery but lately I've been charging it every day. Today I only took it off the charge this morning and it's half battery already. And I haven't used mobile internet once.

The only thing I can think is that the charger it came with broke soon after I bought it and 3 gave me an older charger they had that worked with it. It takes 7 or 8 hours to charge, so maybe the charger isn't up to speed?

Any advice would be great!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Having to charge once a day is normal for smartphones. Hopefully, battery technology will advance in the next few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

dory wrote: »
    Is this normal?

I bought a Nokia E63 in September. It never had an amazing battery but lately I've been charging it every day. Today I only took it off the charge this morning and it's half battery already. And I haven't used mobile internet once.

The only thing I can think is that the charger it came with broke soon after I bought it and 3 gave me an older charger they had that worked with it. It takes 7 or 8 hours to charge, so maybe the charger isn't up to speed?

Any advice would be great!

Unfortunately Nokia chargers are not all the same, even if they have the same size connector.

There 's a good article on AllAboutSymbian on this - the main sympoms of using an incorrect charger are as you describe. Check the back of the charger plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

What kind of battery is in your E63?

It should be a BP-4L and it should have a lot better battery life than that. I would put it down to your charger.

I just bought an E63 myself at the weekend after reading a couple of reviews on it, and every review commended the great battery life that this phone has. Something isn't right with your phone/charger/battery.

...oh and also check that you have no applications running in the background that might be sapping the battery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

long_b wrote: »
    Unfortunately Nokia chargers are not all the same, even if they have the same size connector.

There 's a good article on AllAboutSymbian on this - the main sympoms of using an incorrect charger are as you describe. Check the back of the charger plug.

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/How_to_Charge_your_smartphone_faster.php

Advertisement