Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfers in bray and surrounding areas

Options
  • 23-11-2009 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just moved to Bray and was wondering if there are many surfers in the area?
    I have moved from strandhill( i know what was i thinking) as got offered job here in Bray.

Recently wrote of car so any surfers that reg travel west and and would not mind someone telling crap jokes and sharing the petrol bill on the way then get in touch. IL also burp for money if i drink enough club orange.

Also heard of a mystery wave near bray head if thats what it is called that sometimes works. Can anyone give me any info on any local spots that may work.

cheers

frAg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

Mystery wave could be magheramore, just out of wicklow, as far as i know (dont quote me on it) it works on a south westerly.

I head west fairly often, but wont be avaialble to go till late january (off to oz for a few weeks.)

More than happy to carpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Oz Eh!! well for some.

I cant do anything for a while anyways as all my gear is still in Sligo. Sure give me a bell when your back and maybe we can sort something out. I can accommodate if we go to Fundoran should ya need a place.

Cheers

frAg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭roundcrisis

if you have no problems dealing with a newbie :( I think I might be going there on saturday early
    I saw it in a map but need to find the place

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭jkl

If i can shift work from saturday to sunday i'll head down with yis. I know where it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

frag420 wrote: »
    Hi

Just moved to Bray and was wondering if there are many surfers in the area?
    I have moved from strandhill( i know what was i thinking) as got offered job here in Bray.

Recently wrote of car so any surfers that reg travel west and and would not mind someone telling crap jokes and sharing the petrol bill on the way then get in touch. IL also burp for money if i drink enough club orange.

Also heard of a mystery wave near bray head if thats what it is called that sometimes works. Can anyone give me any info on any local spots that may work.

cheers

frAg

There's sometimes people surfing in Killiney. Think it likes a south easterly (could be wrong on that!). That'd only be two stops on the DART for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭roundcrisis

awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭waves

I've surfed Bray many times.

It works well on a strong northerly up the harbour end and at south end by the head when there's a strong southerly swell. It also works on an Easterly once it's not too messy.

check out the www.eastcoastsurfclub.com plenty of locals are members of that club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 IntheGreenRoom

Killiney works with an onshore and when the M2 buoy is >2 (http://www.met.ie/latest/buoy.asp) though that buoy seems to be offline for the last while which sucks.:( Does anyone know why?

yeah i was a member of the eastcoastsurfclub a few yrs ago when living in dub but left the ****ty(city) about two months after joining so did not get full benefit of it. Hope to grab board and all the rest of my stuff over xmas. Wont have a chance before then.

Pm me for my email if anyone want s to hook up for a surf in the new yr. Having serious withdrawal symptoms. Great waves over west this weekend!!

ggrrrrrr

LATERS

frAg

If anyone is heading to fundoran in the next few weekends then give us a holla. Gear is still up there................il bring sweets!!

frAg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

waves wrote: »
    I've surfed Bray many times.

It works well on a strong northerly up the harbour end and at south end by the head when there's a strong southerly swell. It also works on an Easterly once it's not too messy.

check out the www.eastcoastsurfclub.com plenty of locals are members of that club

I live in Bray myself.

People underestimate Bray but you can catch some pretty good surf.
    Especially north of the harbour just like he said.

Check it out. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Marcaiocht_Tonn

I just found out that Magicseaweed.com contains a forecast for Dublin and its surrounding areas - while obviously the west has far better surf, it's very handy for those of us in the big shmoke to have the occasional surfable wave locally to practise on, even if it's only a foot high. Anyway, it's showing one full star for early this Saturday - while it's highly unlikely that there'll be a decent wave there (1 full star in even a good spot is usually poor), I'm going to head down to Killiney and/or Bray to check it out.

Myself, I've been practising my surfing for a couple of years, but very sporadically as I never seem to live within reasonable distance of a good break - so realistically I'm still a begineer. I usually windsurf when in Dublin, but it would be great to have a local spot, albeit rarely firing, to surf on!

Advertisement