Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treadmill Purchase

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

I went to Elverys to buy this today.. However the couple in the queue ahead of me bought the last one.. I would love the next one up in Elverys sale for 850 or so but I am a wee bit stuck for space! Has anyone else used this particular model that I am looking into & is it good?

Have wasted too much in gym membership. I know I'll use this more than going to the gym.. Let the New Years Resolution begin soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭selfbuildkk

Hi guys first time poster in Gear & Equip, sorry to pull the thread of course but I'm currently selling a treadmill for a friend who had to move away and couldnt bring it wth him. Ive had a look around on the usual sites adverts.ie etc. The problem is, it is quite expensive for a treadmill and and im wondering is there any specific websites for selling high quality gym equipment. I think that people looking on the usual sites might just dismiss it over the price. So basically im wondering is there a site for people looking to buy a higher quality treadmill.

Mods if I have broken any rules feel free to delete post.Any replies and help offered greatly appreciated.I should mention that i have emailed sites of companies selling the product new to see if they were interested in buying a nearly new one and selling it on themselves

Thanks for reading

• Registered Users Posts: 29 herny

hi there have had a discovery treadmill for a number of years working fine (waranty is most likely out), however cracked the bed (telling me i should lose some weight i guess!!!), anyway anyone got any suggestions on how to get it repaired???, dont want to fork out for new one and dispose of old one if there is any chance of getting bed fixed..

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I have a threadmill for sale on adverts at the mo.............

http://www.adverts.ie/exercise-equipment-weights/bremshey-treadline-scout-treadmill/416792

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Limerick Rebel

I just bought a BH fitness Pioneer Star from VJ Fitness in Dublin for €699. Fantastic 2.5 HP motor with 10 year motor guarantee. Excellent staff who know their stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

Silly question here but if your electricity goes (and it frequently does in my house) when you're on a home treadmill will you end up wrapping yourself around the control panel :D or will it come to a stop over a couple of seconds?
    Another less alarmist question - has anybody bought a Roger Black treadmill? Argos had one reduced to €500 which I think took 18stone and went to 16mph and seemed to have a large running surface. Not bothered about display other than distance/time or about inclines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

try these guys they are excellent value and have some very good second hand treadmills.
    http://www.myhomefitness.ie/pages/About-Us.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Limerick Rebel

Sklarker wrote: »
    Silly question here but if your electricity goes (and it frequently does in my house) when you're on a home treadmill will you end up wrapping yourself around the control panel :D or will it come to a stop over a couple of seconds?
    Another less alarmist question - has anybody bought a Roger Black treadmill? Argos had one reduced to €500 which I think took 18stone and went to 16mph and seemed to have a large running surface. Not bothered about display other than distance/time or about inclines

My experience with home treadmills is that they come to a stop much faster than the commercial ones found at the gym. Mine comes to an almost immediate stop. It takes a little getting used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

My experience with home treadmills is that they come to a stop much faster than the commercial ones found at the gym. Mine comes to an almost immediate stop. It takes a little getting used to.
    Guess I'll have to live dangerously then ;) Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

Thinking of buying a threadmill for general fitness. I'm not particularly into running but keen to get fitter. Space not a prob as I'm going to put in in the garage. Any recomendations? What about this one in Argos http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3357695.htm

Budget is as little as possible! Where is best place for second hand threadmills?

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 PenguinTom

Hi just wondering if anyone has bought from irishsportsdirect and if you did would you recommend them? Thinking of buying a powertech Olympian treadmill from them, seems good value for a 20kph and 15 degree treadmill but am concerned that the warranty is only 1 year and I can't find any reviews. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I bought an Elliptical Trainer from them a few months back and when I mentioned it to my sister it turned out she had previously bought an exercise bike from them so I'd say they're reliable alright. Neither myself or my sister had any problems anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PenguinTom

Thanks JohnK. Anyone else with a treadmill from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 felixd74

hi penguintom, i just bought last week an Olympian power-tech treadmill from them, the delivery they where saying would take between 7 and 1o days and it was delivered to me after 6 days so that was great. With unpacking and putting it together it took about an hour-not counting the 30 min to disassemble the half way made treadmill to move it to another room cause it didn't fit thru the door :mad:-(make sure you take the box in to the room where you are going to use it as the fully assembled treadmill might not fit through the doors afterwards). All in all i think it is a great treadmill, quite complex programs that will make you sweat and the music amplifier it is a nice bonus( i connected the ipod to it)tried it out last night and it worked perfectly, now having said that i only used it once yesterday when i got it but I'm very happy whit it because the price was quite good and the running surface is greater than normally would be on treadmills so just fingers crossed that is it going to last. And another thing, it is very quiet which was another good surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭kay 9

Looks like an impressive machine with a good spec for the money. On the lookout for one myself when funds permit:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

I have an older Proform model, I think it's a 450, which I bought on impulse when it was marked down from €1100 to €250 in Elverys. I've had it 3 or 4 years now and it's been ok. It's taken a bit of maintenance every so often, for instance I had to replace a couple of bolts which snapped and the running deck cracked which was fixed under warranty.

I use it when it's too bad to go out or just want to do something quickly (i.e. not drive somewhere to run), and have it set up upstairs in a corner of the bedroom. It's right in the very corner of the house which I think reduces the flex in the joists etc and I've not had any problems with plaster cracking etc. It is still very noisy downstairs with the pounding. I'm probably going to move it into my shed sometime soon, as my wife still moans about it at every possible opportunity.

I have a TV and a DVD player set up directly infront of it and just use the time to catch up on movies or boxsets.

It's great for intervals, fartleks etc and for general fitness testing. My 'standard' measure of my fitness level is how fast I can do 10km on my treadmill.

You'll also need a big fan and to run with the windows open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Runninglady

Hi there!
    I've been offered a second hand PowerTreck Enduro for 200 euro. They say it was originally 450. I'm finding it very hard to find information online for it. Does anyone know if it's good or not? There is no adjustable incline on it which I find a bit odd. Any help or advice on experience with this treadmill would be great, thanks so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Advertisement