Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Connection Sharing with O2 broadband won't work

Options
  • 23-11-2009 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

It seems random whether it works or not, and lately it's stopped working completely. I have the O2 broadband plugged into my laptop, and a Belkin Wireless adapter shoved in the other computer. I have a network set up which I saved to USB key and got the other computer to connect to.

This used to work. However it has ceased completely to work without explanation. It will get stuck on the "Identifying" status and not move past that. No matter what way I set it up, I get the same results. Trying to get a new IP address doesn't work on either end. Both are set to DCHP, this was never a problem before.

I've never had such a nightmare setting anything up before. I've tried two different wireless adapters and no difference. None of this makes any sense. I can only imagine how ridiculous this would be for a novice.

Advertisement