Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats 2011?

Options
  • 23-11-2009 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd start a thread for anyone thinking of/repeating in 2011. Why did you decide to repeat? Are you doing the same subjects you did first time round? Are you going to study by yourself and get the odd grind here and there (we'll have been outta the loop since '09 after all :rolleyes:) or are you gonna sign yourself up for a prestigious grind school? What do you hope to achieve this time?

I was studying German and Modern Irish in TCD and hated the German course. My first choice was always Vet Med in UCD, but I didn't get the points. I was just gonna apply for another arts course next year but after talking to old teachers, my old principal and guidance teacher today, I decided it'd be in my best interest to repeat - it's gotten to the point where I can't watch David Attenbourough programmes without being sad that I'm not doing vet med :(

For the 2009 exam I did Irish, English, German, Maths, Art, Chemistry, History and Religion. This time I'm gonna do Irish, English, German, Chemistry, Biology, History and maybe religion. I'll be studying by myself and getting grinds from a guy I went to in sixth year, as well as help from old teachers.

So how about it?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

I'm scared I might need to, but I really don't want to. On saying that you're better to repeat and get what you want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Best of luck. The only 2011 poet that is the same as 2009 is Adrienne Rich :eek:

Why don't you repeat in 2010?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Thanks! I know, just looked at the syllabus a while ago.. they've three female poets, which is weird! I love the selection of poets though, so it should be fun enough to study! Yes, I said it. Fun.

My parents want me to repeat in 2010, but since I'm picking up biology and I've never done it before, I want to give myself time to get used to it. And the course I want has fairly high points, so the more study time I have, the better. Not taking any chances this time!

I'm picking up biology and I've never done it before, I want to give myself time to get used to it. And the course I want has fairly high points, so the more study time I have, the better. Not taking any chances this time!

how about ag science instead of biology? some people say it's easier

If I end up somewhere that offers it I'd definitely do it in lieu of religion, but I dunno where I'm gonna end up at the moment!

• Advertisement

or seeing as ya did religion history and you like your poetry you could do classical studies. It's hard enough I heard but if you'd enjoy it that's half the battle

Don't you need Greek or Latin for that though?

Don't you need Greek or Latin for that though?

nope. It's all in english. Check out the exam papers on www.examinations.ie . There is a lot of reading though I think

I'm a bit apprehensive about taking on too many new subjects tbh. Plus there's the whole new history course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

I'm a bit apprehensive about taking on too many new subjects tbh. Plus there's the whole new history course.
    It'd only be one new section? The current doc Q, Northern Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭aoifeX

im doin the LC this year and i want vet med aswel..
    its so depressing to think that il more than likely b repeating next year but if i get my course itl b worth it!
    def think u shud consider Ag science. you could even do it aswell as biology as theres over lap between the 2. cant remember if u said u were doing geo or not but that also overlaps a bit with ag..which makes it fairly okay!
    a year and a half is loads of time!!
    best of luck:D

Advertisement